Healthy Crockpot BBQ Wings! All the spicy flavor you love in chicken wings packed in a healthy, low sugar BBQ sauce. The perfect game day appetizer, party favor, or dinner for healthy eaters! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Calorie
Last day of January! How are we here already??? You know what that means? Super Bowl Sunday this weekend! Not that I'm a huge Super Bowl fan. I enjoy the the half time show more than the game. Frankly, I'm so tired of watching the Patriots in the Super Bowl year after year.
We will be cheering on the Eagles (the guy's team) this weekend praying they will win. Sorry, if you're a Brady or NE fan but it's taken the fun out of it for me seeing the same team play and win for years. Time for change!
I plan on making these Healthy Crockpot BBQ wings on game day. The guy loves wings and a restaurant near his place does them to perfection. Finally, I asked them their secret. Broiling the wings before slow cooking them!
That's exactly what I did and it made these wings taste incredible. Then you toss them in the crockpot and slow cook them until the meat falls off the bones. They get super juicy and tender. Just the way we like them!
For the sauce, I combined a few ingredients with my low sugar BBQ sauce. The sauce I used in my Crockpot BBQ chicken. My most popular recipe on the blog! I've even put it one salmon, meatballs and in taco bowls! I swear I could put that sauce on anything and make it taste good. Happy game watching!
Crockpot BBQ Wings
- Turn the broiler to high or oven to 450 F. Place chicken wings on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then flip and sprinkle the other side with salt and pepper.
- Broil on high 10 minutes then flip the wings and broil another 10 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients for the sauce in a slow cooker and stir together.
- Transfer the chicken wings to the crockpot and coat liberally with the sauce.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.