Grain Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! Make cookies part of a healthy snacking routine with this Paleo recipe made with no refined sugar, oil and oatless. They taste like the real deal! Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
While I love grains, I am a firm believer in getting healthy fats in the diet. Something SF clients and readers frequently ask me is about the fat content. It always surprises me that people still believe fat isn't good for them. As long as you don't have heart disease, are pre-dispositioned to it, or have another health condition that requires you to limit fat in the diet, you should be eating good healthy fats.
Fat, like protein and carbohydrates is needed in the diet. Often, those who have been restricting fat begin losing weight when they add fat to their diet. Not only that, it makes them feel more satisfied and full helping to curb sugar cravings. But just like any food, fats needs to be eaten in the right proportion so you're not eating too much of it at one time.
These cookies are an example of a snack that is loaded with healthy fat. I like this version of oatmeal raisin cookies as a better for you option as the fat and protein content of the almond flour and coconut oil balance the carbohydrates and sugar in the raisins. It's also a good source of fiber. These things are important things to look for in foods so you don't get a blood sugar response when you eat snacks like cookies.
Stable blood sugar means less likelihood that you'll overeat and easier for you to maintain your weight! So, when you're looking for a healthier snack option look for something higher in fat and protein to balance the carbs like these Grain Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!
Grain Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste I use Trader Joe's powdered about 2 tbsp, or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 6 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 teaspoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raisins low sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix coconut oil, egg white, stevia and vanilla in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, sift together the cinnamon, nutmeg, flours, flax meal, baking soda and sea salt. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Combine well then fold in the shredded coconut and raisins.
- Place 2 large tablespoons of the batter onto baking sheet to form a cookie. Gently press the batter into the baking sheet a bit to form the size of cookie you want as these will not spread much.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 F or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack when removed from the oven. Store in the refrigerator up to 7 days or freezer 30 days.