Meal Prep BBQ Meatballs in Muffin Tins! Easy, oven baked turkey meatballs with veggies, potato flour and BBQ sauce. Made in mini muffin tins for a simple pre-portioned meal prep meal! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Calorie
Meal Prep Saturday! Here we go with another EASY, healthy, delicious recipe. This one's a goodie! I should know too because I've been hooked on meatballs lately. Breakfast meatballs and low carb zucchini parmesan meatballs have made regular appearances since I started cooking for two. Actually, the boyfriend's getting to the point where he just knows every week we're eating meatballs at least one night.
These Meal Prep BBQ Meatballs are extra special because not only are they delicious, they come with a hack that will change your meal prepping meatball life!
You ever feel like making the same size meatballs is a challenge? Well, I've got a hack that makes it easy to make the perfectly sized meatballs every single time. A mini muffin tin! It helps you roll them into the perfect size every time, and bonus they bake perfectly in the oven in less than 15 minutes. Watch the video below to see how easy it is!
These are loaded with potato, low sugar BBQ sauce and a homemade BBQ spice mix. It's like eating meatloaf and potatoes in meatball form. For the recipe, I used cassava flour which gives it that potato taste. Most other flours (other than coconut) can be substituted. Just note the nutritional difference. Enjoy!
Meal Prep BBQ Meatballs in Muffin Tins
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast any ground meat will work
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white onion diced
- 1/8 cup carrots grated
- 1/3 cup cassava flour *
- 1/4 cup low sugar BBQ sauce + more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a mini muffin tin by spraying the cavities with cooking spray.
- Heat a small skillet with extra virgin olive oil to medium heat. Saute onion and carrot 3-4 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Transfer the onion and carrot to a mixing bowl with the ground turkey, BBQ sauce, flour, salt and seasonings.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Roll the meat into 18 meatballs. Place in the meatballs in the prepared muffin tin cavities.
- Bake at 375 F 12-15 minutes flipping the balls half way through.
- Remove from the oven, portion into meal prep containers and top with more BBQ sauce as desired.
- I used cassava flour which is Paleo friendly. Almond flour, oat flour or a basic Gluten Free flour would wok too.
- Nutritional data is for one meatball. For the meal prep containers, I added healthy potato tots from Sprouts & green beans. Nutritional data does not reflect this so be sure to this.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.
What I Used For The Recipe