Chicken, Carrots & Potatoes made in a slow cooker! This Crockpot Italian Chicken & Potatoes makes the most tender chicken. An EASY, 5-ingredient dinner packed with flavor that will satisfy the whole family! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Calorie
Another chicken dinner winner coming your way!
Lately, I’ve been getting back to basics with my dinner. One, because the guy eats very basic. I’m getting him to try other things, but it’s been a slow progression. And two, I have cholesterol problems. Hard to believe someone who works out regularly and eats healthy has issues with their cholesterol being too high, but I do. Family history plays a big role in health and I’m a living example of that. That’s not to say you can’t counteract that with diet and exercise. Mine would probably be much higher if it weren’t for that.
Thankfully my good cholesterol is so high my doctor isn’t concerned but I am. I know from nutrition school how dangerous statins (cholesterol meds) are to the body especially to the brain. They’re linked to the development of dementia, and after what I’ve studied about them I will do everything I can to avoid ever having to take them.
Food for medicine it is! A cup of oatmeal a day, more green veggies, lowering saturated fat (sorry coconut oil) and saying a prayer that in a few months it comes down. Not the best time of year to revamp my diet, but I HAVE to do it. PLUS I’m leaving for Mexico in a few days with the guy to celebrate my birthday so you know, there’s the whole swimsuit factor motivating me too.
So yes! Simple dinners it is right now!
This Crockpot Italian Chicken & Potatoes feels like a dinner recipe I grew up with. I have memories of eating something to this, but can’t put my finger on it. Only 5 ingredients in the recipe. It’s so delicious no one believe it has such few ingredients.
Everything is cooked together in a crockpot so you can drop it in the pot before work and come home to a homemade dinner. Mine has a timer so it shuts off to a simmer when it’s done. WINNING! The crockpot makes the chicken so incredibly tender. They also make the best and EASIEST dinners which is why I love them.
Receive a Sugar Free Meal Plan
When you join the Skinny Fitalicious email list
Crockpot Italian Chicken and Potatoes
- Lightly spray the inside of the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes on the bottom of the crockpot set to high heat and sprinkle with salt.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towel. Place them on a plate and add extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Rub the oil, salt and pepper into the chicken using your hands. Place the chicken in the crockpot over the potatoes.
- Next add the carrots and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours until chicken is tender and carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Any potato can be used in the recipe. If using sweet potatoes, they may need to be removed sooner than regular potatoes as they have less starch to break down.
- 1 serving equals 1/4 of the meal - 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup carrots and 1/2 cup of potatoes.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.