No Bake Raw Pumpkin Pie is made with a walnut and date based topped with a cashew pumpkin custard. This is what pumpkin pie dreams are made of and there is no baking required!
I can't believe tomorrow is my 40th birthday. Ugh...kind of embarrassed to say that out loud. The boyfriend and I area headed to Mexico with another couple to celebrate and I plan on taking full advantage of beach time. Relaxing, soaking up the sun and taking the time to just BE in the moment.
This year has been crazy and I need it! Lucky, we're escaping so I can feel like I'm escaping 40 because I sort of want to hide under a rock right now, but instead I'll hide behind this blog. 🙂
Speaking of the blog, tomorrow's the blog's 3rd anniversary. WHOA! I can't believe how much blogging has changed me, my life and my career. I feel very lucky that I get to wake up and do something I love so much everyday.
For years, I was going through the motions of doing what "I thought I was supposed to do," but that never felt fulfilled. Something always felt missing. There were times I felt pulled in other directions yet, I was too scared to change. Crazy where life takes you when you surrender to it!
In honor of birthday and anniversary, I whipped up something AMAZING for you guys. Raw Pumpkin Pie!
The recipe was inspired by my Raw Carrot Cake, my most popular dessert on the blog! I'm still amazed by how many people have made it and loved it.
If you haven't tried it, now's your chance because this recipe is a spin on that one and it's impossibly easy as it requires NO BAKING which is always a win in my book! All you need is a trusty food processor to get the job done.
The base for this healthy pumpkin pie is similar to the carrot cake recipe starting with walnuts and dates. It's also the crust I used it to make Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Pie that's baked in case you're looking for a baked version for the holidays.
To the nutty crust, I added pumpkin butter to give it a warm, fall flavor. To top the crust, I made a pumpkin custard from cashews, pumpkin and a few other spices and ingredients. I topped mine with shredded coconut and pepitas. So delicious!
It's still very warm in Phoenix so this was a way for me to get my pumpkin fix and cool off at the same time. WINNING! You could serve this no bake pumpkin pie for the holidays (it would be unique and EASY) or eat it anytime you need a cool fall-like snack.
Simple ingredients. No baking required. You can make it in a jiffy. Totally delicious. Have I convinced you yet? Let's bake and EAT!
Hungry for more? Try these...
Healthy Raw No Bake Pumpkin Pie
For the base:
- To a food processor, add the ingredients for the base. Process on high until the dates and ingredients are blended into a sticky ball.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8.5" baking pan lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to press the mixture into the pan into an even layer.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the custard topping.
- Then place the ingredients for the custard in the food processor. Process on high until smooth then remove the pan from the freezer and spread the custard over it in an even layer.
- Add optional toppings as desired then freeze 2-3 hours until the custard is hardened.
- Once hardened, remove from the freezer and slice into 8 bars.
- Bars keep in the freezer up to 1 month.