Winter Squash Muffins made with cranberries, cinnamon and butternut squash. Gluten free and low calorie, this cozy muffin recipe is a delicious snack on a winter day!
You guys! It’s been FOREVER since I posted a muffin recipe. Why haven’t you reminded me to post more muffin recipes??? Or is it because I’ve been posting so many other drool worthy sweets you haven’t noticed? I have to admit, I’ve sort of lost count.
I lied. I did post that flourless chocolate-y super seed muffin last month so maybe you’re still munching on that. But prior to that, muffins had been making a rare appearance on the blog. I think I got burnt out making muffins after all the muffins I made during my first year of blogging. Hey, you gotta do what you do best right?
Yeah, I was a little muffin obsessed. Take one look at my recipe index and you’ll see more muffins than in a bakery. Oh yeah, and a whole lot of really bad pictures too. Promise me you won’t look. I cringe every time I look. It really stresses me out. I want to remake every single one of my old recipes and replace them with brand new, snazzy pictures.
Now the problem with remaking all those old recipes is I don’t have any mouths to feed and that would be a lot of muffins for my belly. Not to mention my freezer can only take so much. I may have to start giving them away. On the street, at the gym. Would that be weird?
Maybe I should do a blog giveaway. What do you think about that? Oh…EM….G all those muffins that were once my true loves are now the bane of my existence. Because a good recipe deserves so much more than a bad picture.
But these Winter Squash Muffins though. Oh, my! Hard on the outside, creamy on the inside. They melt-in-your-mouth. Made with all my favorite things: Greek yogurt, butternut squash, cinnamon and oats. Thank goodness the pictures turned out to do these Winter Squash Muffins justice. So perfect, so tasty, these delicious gems are everything I need in life! Except maybe a boyfriend. 😉
Winter Squash Muffins with Cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash pureed
- 2 egg whites room temperature
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free baking flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whip butternut squash, egg whites, maple syrup and Greek yogurt together with a hand blender.
- In another large bowl, mix together baking flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspices.
- To the flour mixture, add the wet ingredients. Once fully incorporated, add the coconut oil to the mixture (I find this prevents the coconut oil from hardening). After combined, fold in the rolled oats and cranberries to the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cavities 3/4 of the way full (do not fill to the top as they will rise) and bake 25 minutes until the muffins bounce when you gently touch the center.
- Cool muffins in the baking pan 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool fully.
Love my recipes?
Check out my cookbook!