Healthy Chocolate Gingerbread Loaf! Made gluten free and lower in sugar with applesauce, this warm molasses and ginger spiced bread is perfect for a snack or breakfast. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Gingerbread's back. Back again. Gingerbread's back. Tell a friend! Christmas may be over friends, but I'm still eating my bodyweight in all things gingerbread. Skinny Gingerbread Pancakes, Gingerbread Almond Four Muffins, Paleo Salted Gingerbread Cookies and now Healthy Chocolate Gingerbread Loaf.
To me, the holidays aren't really over until after the new year. When I was a kid, we always celebrated Christmas at home with my Mom's family then after Christmas made the trip to see my Dad's family. It always felt like Christmas lasted forever. Those were the days! Tons of presents, lots of good food and relaxation. Something I'm in desperate need of!
To be honest, this month has been a lot of work. Launching a new website and a new meal planning business was a lot of work. But I'm not complaining. I love my new site (I hope you do too!) and I'm so excited about this my meal plans! I don't think I told you guys why I created these meal plans so here it is.
When I first started losing weight, I had no idea how to cook. I mean I could brown some meat and fry an egg, but my version of dinner was a pizza or something out of a box. I had no idea what to cook for myself, much less how to cook healthy. Because I was single, traveling and working long hours I never had the time to figure it out.
Then when I started walking, I realized how much I really want to learn to cook real food. That's when I started reading books and magazines about healthy cooking and began experimenting with making healthier meals.
It was a very long process, and there were many fails along the way. So, that's why I created Skinny Fitalicious Meal Plans. To make it easy and convenient for you to eat healthy, and help you incorporate healthy treats in your meals like this Healthy Chocolate Gingerbread Loaf!
This healthy gingerbread belongs on your plate and in your oven. Filled with nourishing ingredients and lower in sugar, I know you will absolutely adore this bread. It's warm, spiked with winter spices, high in fiber and tastes delicious!
Have a slice for breakfast or as a snack. Hope you give it a whirl. It would also make a delicious edible holiday gift.
Healthy Chocolate Gingerbread Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons mini chocolate chips dairy free
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9x5" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place eggs, coconut sugar, applesauce, pumpkin puree, molasses and extra virgin olive oil in a standing mixer and blend until smooth or blend in a mixing bowl by hand.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet with half the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the batter, pressing them slightly into the batter.
- Bake at 350 F 40 minute or until a toothpick can be inserted clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan after removing from the oven 30 minutes. Then remove from the pan and let it sit another 60 minutes before slicing and enjoying.