Flourless Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies made with no refined sugar or oil. A super simple mint-y fresh dessert treat made healthy with nut butter and double chocolate that no one can resist! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Calorie Recipe
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s Monday!
I made you brownies!
You’re not getting away that fast!
But seriously. I made you brownies today. Is that not a good way to start a Monday? In fact, I made you Flourless Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies with no refined sugar or oil and a whole lot of almond-y healthy fat and not one, but TWO chocolates. Hold the phone! Say what?!? Rewind.
You heard that right. These gems are double chocolate aka double trouble. You see I couldn’t really call them Double Chocolate Flourless Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies. That would just be a mouthful and your mouth is going to be full enough eating multiple batches of these goodies.
Oh but wait, before you grab your milk it’s Monday so let’s catch up a bit while you’re whipping up that silky smooth chocolate-y minty Chocolate Chip Brownie batter. Mmk? I’ve actually been hiding something from you and no, I’m talking about the brownies.
The last two weekends I’ve been getting swim instructor certified. How did this happen you ask? Well, allow me to tell you. Funny story actually. A friend at the Y asked last month if I wanted to teach group fitness.
To make a long story really short, I turned down the group fitness gig and ended up interviewing with the swim director and now I’m a certified swim instructor.
The classes were hard and I wasn’t sure I would pass the final exam, but I did. I love swimming so as you might imagine I’m excited (and terrified) to teach. By the way, this isn’t a permanent job. It’s just something I’m doing while I figure things out.
AnyWho….that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Now if you’re not already, get excited for Flourless Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies! Not a mint fan? Well, well. Let me tell you a thing or two about mint. Did you know it actually helps you curb cravings?
Uh huh, uh huh. It’s true! That’s one of the reasons why I like adding it to desserts so I don’t overeat them. Mint is also magical for soothing lower GI digestion and helps with bloating.
BUT if I still haven’t convinced you and you just can’t have mint, then I suggest you substitute it with vanilla or the almighty almond extract. Oh la la…almond extract. Now that would be sexy!
Get the SKINNY on the latest recipes & weight loss tips!
Sign up to receive a FREE eBOOK & weekly email tips!
Flourless Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 brownie pan with cooking spray.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, mix together egg whites, mint extract, salt, maple syrup and coconut sugar. Once it is mixed together, add cocoa powder and blend until a creamy texture appears. You may need to scrap down the sides of the bowl a few times to mix everything.
- Next add coconut oil and almond butter into the batter and mix by hand.
- Fold in the chocolate chips then pour the batter into your baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake 30 minutes until a toothpick removes clean.
- Allow brownies to cool in the pan another 30-60 minutes prior to slicing with a plastic knife and enjoying.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.