Crockpot Pizza Quinoa! This easy and healthy slow cooker meal is a lighter version of pizza with healthier ingredients. Nourishing, tasty and customizable. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Easy dinner recipe coming your way! Pizza was always a go to weeknight meal in my house growing up. But let's face it, it's not super healthy to eat pizza every night of the week. While I preach balance to my clients, my idea of balance isn't pizza every week.
This recipe is a healthier version of pizza with simple ingredients and minimal effort. Perfect for busy weeknights, weekends when you don't feel like cooking or for when you just feel like eating pizza. Either way, this pizza recipe is a healthier way to eat pizza that I'm sure you'll enjoy!
Crockpot Pizza Quinoa
Quinoa acts as the crust and replaces flour in this easy pizza recipe! Quinoa is plant-based and high in protein and fiber. Two power houses you need for fat loss! It also adds a nice crunch to the texture of the pie and cooks perfectly in a slow cooker.
Combined with ground turkey, veggies, pizza sauce, chicken broth and seasonings then topped with shredded mozzarella and turkey pepperoni, this recipe has all the flavor of pizza without the calories. So good and family approved!
What You Need
- Ground Turkey
- Pizza Sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Black Olives
- Green Bell Pepper
- Turkey Pepperoni
- Shredded Mozarella
- Italian Seasoning, Basil, Oregano, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
How to make pizza in a slow cooker
To make your pizza in a slow cooker, add all the ingredients except the turkey pepperoni and shredded mozzarella to a slow cooker. I used a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe.
I recommend spraying the inside of the slow cooker lightly with olive oil to prevent the quinoa from sticking. Mine didn't stick at all, but best to be safe! You can also line the inside with plastic for easy cleaning instead of spraying it.
Cook the ingredients on high for two hours then add the shredded mozzarella and turkey pepperoni, cover and cook antlers 15-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted. I cooked mine the full 30 minutes. When you remove it from the slow cooker, it will crumble apart for serving.
Can you make pizza in the Instant Pot
I have not tried this recipe in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot yet, but I plan to and will update the recipe when I do. I'm writing a cookbook currently so life is just a bit busy and a lady can only eat so much food. If you try it, let me know in the comments. This helps others who are making the recipe!
More Crockpot Recipes
Crockpot Pizza Quinoa
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey or ground chicken or lean ground beef (raw)
- 1 cup Quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup Chicken Broth no sodium added
- 1 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce no sugar added
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Black Olives sliced
- 2/3 cup Mushrooms diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Low-Moisture Mozzarella shredded
- 5 slices Turkey Pepperoni
- Spray a slow cooker lightly with olive oil spray then add the quinoa, bell pepper, mushrooms, black olives, chicken broth, pizza sauce, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and basil. Stir together with a wooden spoon and break up the meat as you stir so it's incorporated.
- Set to high and cook 2 hours. After the 2 hours, remove the lid and add the cheese and turkey pepperoni on top. Cover and cook another 15-30 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately out of the crockpot. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and warm 1-2 minutes in the microwave to reheat.
- 1 serving equals 1/5 of the recipe
- The ground meat should be added to the slow cooker raw. It will cook in the slow cooker.
- The quinoa should be added uncooked. It will cook in the slow cooker.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.