Cheesy Sausage Broccoli Egg Muffins! An EASY, healthy, delicious low carb breakfast you can meal prep once and enjoy all week. Perfect for busy mornings and taking with you no the go! Gluten Free + Low Carb + Low Calorie
I FINALLY got my butt in gear last week making myself a custom meal plan to make myself more accountable. Don't get me wrong, I eat healthy on the regular but the last few months have been all over the place with holidays, events and weird food.
My stomach's been bothering me probably too much gluten snuck in here and there. I also knew I wasn't getting enough protein and overall energy felt low.
Something had to change and I was at that point when I was ready to make a change. I know when I really put in the effort I see big changes in my body. I wish I were one of those people who didn't have to think about what they eat and could be naturally skinny, but I'm not so I have to deal.
A week after following the meal plan, I already have increased energy and seeing muscles pop. Eating right really works and if you don't believe, I dare you to try even if it's just for a week.
On this week's meal plan? Cheesy Sausage Broccoli Egg Muffins! OMG I adore these you guys. They're the best. They taste like breakfast pizza in mini form. The best part? They're loaded with protein. Great taste? Protein? Portable? Perfect for healthy eating and meal prepping!
A lot of you have asked if you can freeze egg muffins. The answer is YES you can! It actually makes your life much easier when you do it.
They freeze up to a month which is great so you don't have to eat the entire batch in one week or you can make them ahead of time.
To freeze egg muffins, let them cool completely then wrap them in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Eat them by unwrapping them, thawing in the refrigerator and heating 30 seconds on high in the microwave.
You can heat them directly from the freezer, but they are a bit soggy that way. An option if you're really in a bind though!
More Egg Muffins
Easy Egg Muffins
Meal Prep Cheesy Sausage Broccoli Egg Muffins
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lb breakfast turkey sausage lean
- 1/4 cup broccoli cuts I bought frozen and thawed mine
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons skim cheddar shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the breakfast turkey sausage in a skillet and bring to medium heat. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Place eggs, Greek yogurt, broccoli salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Place the sausage in the bottom of the muffin cavities, dividing it evenly among the 12 cavities.
- Place the egg mixture in a 2 quart measuring cup and pour into each cavity filling to the top. Sprinkle with cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and cool the eggs in the pan 5 minutes before removing with a small spatula.