Meal Prep Broccoli Butternut Soup. This lighter, dairy-free soup is a healthier version of broccoli cheddar soup that's equally creamy and delicious! A veggie packed meal perfect for cold weather. Vegan + Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Whole30
Meal Prep Saturday! Here we are with another meal prep recipe. Broccoli Butternut Soup! This is a healthier version of Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
I love a warm bowl of that soup, but it's not the most waist friendly soup, and my sensitive stomach doesn't love all the cheese. This dairy-free version on the surface probably sounds weird but as I tell my nutrition clients, don't knock it tell you try it.
I wouldn't be honest if I told you I wasn't skeptical myself. Once I tasted this soup though. I was hooked. It has the creamy texture you would expect in a cheese based soup, but without all the calories. It only takes one pot and 30 minutes to make so definitely a meal prep winner in my book!
The recipe is a little lower on the protein side so you can prep a few baked chicken breasts to eat the side or another protein you like. I blended two scoops of collagen into the soup.
It's an easy way to increase protein. I love using it because the one I buy is flavorless and dissolves perfectly so it's not lumpy or detectable!
Now that soup's ready, I'm off to my bestie's house to work on our healthy meal plans that we're launching in a few weeks. Have a great weekend!
Meal Prep Broccoli Butternut Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups butternut squash diced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place extra virgin olive oil in a large pot with minced garlic, onion, bay leaves and ginger. Bring to a medium heat and sauté the veggies until tender.
- Add the butternut squash, broccoli, salt, pepper, chili powder, lime juice, and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer on low, covered 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves then stir in the milk.
- Transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. You may need to do this in batches.