Skinny Pizza Egg Muffins! An easy recipe that makes a quick breakfast and healthy meal every morning. Packed with riced bell pepper and spices, these egg muffins are perfect for weekend meal prep. Wholesome, light and delicious! Gluten Free, Low Calorie, Paleo, Low Carb
Say hello to pizza egg muffins! If you're a pizza lover, you will for sure love these! Many of you loved the low carb cheesy sausage broccoli egg muffins a few weeks ago, and I've forever been wanting to make an egg muffin with pepperoni so here ya go!
I love making egg muffins. No lie. I only have a few dozen egg muffin recipes on this blog (see the end of this post for more). I've been making them since my 80 pound weight loss and I still make them to this day. They make breakfast time a breeze.
Even now that I work from home, breakfast always feels super rushed during the week. I'm usually getting home from the gym or my walk and need something quick to eat before I start meeting with clients or shooting recipes.
Having a tasty breakfast ready waiting in the fridge for me, makes it easier for me to stay on track and get enough protein and veggies. So important to get those two food groups in first thing in the morning! Breakfast should not be dessert (aka cereal, toast, donuts, etc.) which is what many do because they're short on time.
While there is a time and place for those foods, I never coach my clients to eat them at breakfast. Pizza egg muffins are a much healthier choice! This recipe will be coming to an upcoming Skinny Fitalicious Meal Plan so make sure you're signed up to get your low calorie meal plan!
More Healthy Egg Muffin Recipes
Skinny Pizza Egg Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin tin generously with cooking spray, olive oil or line with muffin liners.
- Pulse the bell pepper in a blender several times until is resembles a rice consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, tomato paste, riced bell pepper, onion powder and garlic powder until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin cavities filling 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle the cheese among the 12 cavities evenly then place 1 slice of pepperoni on top.
- Bake at 350 F for 22 minutes or until the tops are set. Remove from the oven. Note the muffins will rise in the oven then fall a bit when you remove them.
- Place in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
What I Used For The Recipe