Meal Prep Hatch Green Chile Chicken! This simple dinner recipe is filled with spicy and smoky flavors. Serve over brown rice, lettuce or zucchini noodles for a lighter, healthier dish! Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Paleo option
Ready or not, I’ve got another EASY meal prep hack for you guys today. Meal Prep Hatch Green Chile Chicken! It’s spicy, flavorful and full on dummy proof to make. It’s made in my favorite kitchen tool, the crockpot. Perfect for meal prepping ahead of time or making the day of. Just toss all the ingredients in there. Set it and forget about it. So easy!
This recipe represents my love of spicy food and well, when you’re always watching your weight (like I am) chicken becomes soooo boring and bland, which is why I’m always looking for ways to flavor it up. Spices, herbs, marinades, salsas, are ways I make chicken taste like a brand new dish time after time.
This hatch chile recipe is inspired by the checkout gal at Trader Joe’s. I picked up their frozen fire roasted hatch green chile. I wasn’t sure what I was about to do with it, but I knew it would be spicy good! When I checked out the woman asked me what I was making. I told her something good. That’s when she mentioned the crockpot and lightbulbs went off in my head.
Now, if you don’t have access to a Trader Joe’s you can buy this at most Walmart’s in the frozen section. See the recipe card for more details on that and how to make it homemade too!
I love this Meal Prep Hatch Green Chile Chicken because it pairs well with almost anything. I served mine with brown rice and summer squash, but you can easily omit the rice and do cauliflower rice spiralized squash. I’m always looking for an excuse to use my spiralizer more. It’s so fun! It would also be great to eat over a heaping bowl of lettuce. So many options!
Divide the chicken among four meal prep containers and store in the fridge for already portioned lunches or dinners. So EASY! Watch the video below for more tips!
Meal Prep Hatch Green Chile Chicken
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Set the crockpot to high and cook 3 hours until chicken is tender. You will know it's done when the chicken easily shreds with a fork. You may have to help it by pulling it apart a little.
- Remove from the crockpot and divide among 4 meal prep containers. Add additional ingredients to the container as desired.
- If you don't have access to Trader Joe's, you can also buy frozen hatch green chile at Walmart. Alternatively, you can make your own by blending 4 large hatch green chiles together with 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 jar of green salsa. Add the other ingredients in the recipe to make your own version!
- Nutritional information reflects the hatch chicken only. You will need to account for veggies, rice, etc. that you add to it.
- 1 serving equals approximately 1 heaping cup
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.
Love my recipes?
Check out my cookbook!