Meal Prep Cashew Chicken! An EASY, 20 minute one skillet meal that’s loaded with veggies, crispy chicken and flavor. Cheaper and healthier than take-out! Gluten Free + Low Calorie with Paleo substitutions
It’s the weekend friends! Although for me, it doesn’t feel like the weekend. After our Mexico beach getaway last weekend, I feel like I’ve been racing to catch up this entire week. It didn’t help that I had a thousand appointments either. A mammogram, dentist, car appointment and of course, lots of picture taking and recipe creation!
The guy has the kids this weekend and I’m secretly happy about that so I can get my butt in gear to prep for another busy week full of work and appointments. I’ve also been working secretly behind the scenes on a new service I’ll be launching soon so stay tuned!
Today I’m back with a brand spanking new meal prep recipe for you guys! Cashew Chicken! This one is inspired by my Cashew Chicken Bake.
It’s one of my most popular and most pinned recipes. Everyone loves it so I created a new version that takes less time time to make (only 20 minutes), but that’s equally delicious! All you need is a large skillet, chicken, veggies, meal prep containers, tapioca powder and a few sauces. Hope you love the recipe!
Meal Prep Cashew Chicken
Meal Prep Cashew Chicken! An EASY, 20 minute one skillet meal that's loaded with veggies, crispy chicken and flavor. Cheaper and healthier than take-out! Gluten Free + Low Calorie with Paleo substitutions
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar for Paleo sub apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos gluten free soy may be subbed
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place chopped chicken in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour. Stir to coat the chicken, add salt and pepper then transfer it to a skillet keeping the chicken spaced out enough so they won't stick together. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to work in batches.
- Cook 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through then transfer to a plate.
- To the skillet, add broccoli florets, bell peppers, garlic and ginger. Stir to combine then let the veggies cook 4-5 minutes until tender.
- While the veggies cook, place honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon of tapioca flour in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies then add the chicken back to the pan with the cashews. Stir to combine cooking another 2-3 minutes to heat through.
Serve immediately over a side of choice or portion into 4 meal prep containers.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or enjoy on it's own!
Rice is not included in nutritional values. I used 1/2 cup in this recipe for each serving.
- There are 4 servings in this recipe, ~1-2 cups each. I evenly divided mine in meal prep containers so they were already pre-portioned.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.
Love my recipes?
Check out my cookbook!