Meal Prep Cashew Chicken! An EASY, 20 minute one skillet meal that’s loaded with veggies, crispy chicken & flavor. Cheaper & healthier than take-out! Gluten Free + Low Calorie with Paleo substitutions
It’s the weekend friends! Although for me, it doesn’t feel like the weekend. After our Mexico beach getaway last weekend, I feel like I’ve been racing to catch up this entire week. It didn’t help that I had a thousand appointments either. A mammogram, dentist, car appointment and of course, lots of picture taking and recipe creation!
The guy has the kids this weekend and I’m secretly happy about that so I can get my butt in gear to prep for another busy week full of work and appointments. I’ve also been working secretly behind the scenes on a new service I’ll be launching soon so stay tuned!
Today I’m back with a brand spanking new meal prep recipe for you guys! Cashew Chicken! This one is inspired by my Cashew Chicken Bake.
It’s one of my most popular and most pinned recipes. Everyone loves it so I created a new version that takes less time time to make (only 20 minutes), but that’s equally delicious! All you need is a large skillet, chicken, veggies, meal prep containers, tapioca powder and a few sauces. Hope you love the recipe!
Get the SKINNY on the latest recipes & weight loss tips!
Sign up to get a FREE eBOOK + a BONUS discount!
- 3 - 4 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (for Paleo sub apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbsp. Tarmari Gluten Free Soy (Sauce for Paleo sub coconut aminos)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. +1/2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place chopped chicken in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour. Stir to coat the chicken, add salt and pepper then transfer it to a skillet keeping the chicken spaced out enough so they won't stick together. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to work in batches.
- Cook 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through then transfer to a plate.
- To the skillet, add broccoli florets, bell peppers, garlic and ginger. Stir to combine then let the veggies cook 4-5 minutes until tender.
- While the veggies cook, place honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ½ tablespoon of tapioca flour in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies then add the chicken back to the pan with the cashews. Stir to combine cooking another 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately over a side of choice or portion into 4 meal prep containers.
**Rice is not included in nutritional values. I used ½ cup in this recipe for each serving.
***There are 4 servings in this recipe, ~1-2 cups each. I evenly divided mine in meal prep containers so they were already pre-portioned.
What I Used For The Recipe