Meal Prep Almond Flour Pancakes! Made with 6 ingredients, these hearty pancakes have no added sugar, are low carb, high protein and delicious! Keep them in the refrigerator or freezer for an easy meal prep breakfast. Low Carb + Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Hi Friends! Happy Saturday! I’m sure you’re surprised to see me here on the weekend. I mentioned to my newsletter subscribers a few weeks ago that I’m starting a new thing here on the blog. Meal Prep Saturday! YEAH!!!
Many of you have been asking for recipes you can make, prep, freeze, etc. ahead of time, and while plenty of my recipes already fall into that category, I decided to show you just how it’s done! I’m doing that by showing you how what to pair different foods with to inspire you to do the same.
To get started, you’ll need to pick up some meal prep containers. I love these containers for prepping and portioning meals ahead of time. I work from Starbucks a lot so having these on hand come in handy for taking with me on the go!
For our the very first meal prep recipe, I give you Meal Prep Almond Flour Pancakes! Okay, so I know to some of you it may seem like a no brainer to meal prep pancakes but to some people not so much. It dawned on me recently when I kept getting questions on these protein pancakes as to whether they could be prepped ahead of time.
I sat back, scratched my head thinking, well of course you can meal prep pancakes!?! Then I realized not everyone knows that. Obviously, because people kept asking. Silly me!
So here ya go! Meal Prep Almond Flour Pancakes! Made with 6 easy ingredients and NO ADDED SUGAR. Mine had plenty of flavor without adding sugar, but you can always add a smidge of honey or maple syrup to sweeten without affecting the batter.
Thick, hearty, delicious! You can’t go wrong with these meal prep pancakes, and YES YOU CAN MEAL PREP PANCAKES!
Meal Prep Almond Flour Pancakes
Meal Prep Almond Flour Pancakes! Made with 6 ingredients, these hearty pancakes have no added sugar, are low carb, high protein & delicious! Keep them in the refrigerator or freezer for an easy meal prep breakfast. Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Preheat an electric skillet to medium heat. Spray or oil as necessary to prevent sticking.
Whisk eggs together in a mixing bowl with milk and vanilla.
Add almond, coconut flour (measured properly) and baking powder folding together until smooth. Do not overmix or you will get less pancakes.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan to form one pancake. Repeat for remaining batter.
- Cook 2-3 minutes then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Note you may not see bubbles on the first side as the batter is thicker. Don't wait for bubbles to flip the pancakes.
- Once cooked, transfer to a wire baking rack to cool a bit before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week or freezer 1 month.
- Measure the flours properly for this recipe or you will end up with 1-2 times the amount of flour with crumbly pancakes or a strange taste. It's very important with grain free baking to measure the right way.
- I use low sugar in all my recipes due to the insulin and hormone effect of sugar. If you prefer sweeter pancakes, add maple syrup to the batter.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my weight loss clients.
- If you love this recipe, check out my low calorie cookbook for more delicious recipes and weight loss tips!
Get a meal plan designed to meet your weight loss goals.