Make muffins part of your morning routine with these Gluten Free Chocolate Avocado Muffins! High in protein, lower in sugar and made with simple wholesome ingredients. Portable, delicious and filled with CHOCOLATE! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Happy Monday Muffins! I have a packed day ahead of prepping Skinny Fitalicious Meal Plans, meeting with SF one-on-one weight loss clients, teaching spin, lifting weights and doing whatever else I can fit in between.
The weekend was busy, but a good balance of work and fun. We went to a hockey game. I bought tickets for the guy for Christmas. His hometown team was here playing the Coyotes.
He was as excited as a little kid watching the game while I was freezing the whole time. This ex-Wisconsin girl is definitely not made for cold weather.
Something I am made for? Muffins! And these Gluten Free Healthy Chocolate Avocado Muffins are definitely winners! Some of the first recipes I used to start this blog were muffins and they still remain a staple here to this day!
I love that they're portable and actually make you feel like you're eating a goodie when they're secretly packed with good for you ingredients.
You guys know I don't love the taste of avocados, but I sure do love sneaking them into foods to replace oil and butter. Avocado Chocolate Pudding, Avocado Brownies, Chocolate Avocado Cookies to name a few!
Remember, avocados are a healthy fat that can be consumed in moderation. A lot of you still ask me about avoiding fats and my answer is EAT THEM! Starting with these chocolate avocado muffins!
These muffins are a LOW SUGAR muffin recipe. Most of us are consuming too little sugar so if you are eating more sugar than you realize, you may find these muffins seems bland or flavorless. If that's the case, you can added more sugar to get the flavor you like. I also recommend listening to this podcast episode on insulin resistance and added sugar so you can start watching this in your diet.
Chocolate Avocado Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a standard muffin tin with muffin liners or lightly grease with olive oil.
- Blend the eggs, Greek yogurt, avocado and sugar with a hand mixer or in a blender.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter. Then transfer to the prepared muffin tin.
- Fill each cavity 2/3 of the way full. Do not fill any more as these rise quite a bit.
- Bake at 375 F 18-20 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- This is a low sugar muffin recipe and is NOT meant to be a sweet muffin. As mentioned in the blog post, if you are not used to low sugar you may find this has little flavor which is due to your body being used to sugar. Add more sugar if you need more flavor or sweetness.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my weight loss clients.
- If you enjoy this recipe, check out my cookbook for more recipes!
What I Used For The Recipe