Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Brownies naturally sweetened and loaded with antioxidants. A delicious and healthy way to satisfy a sweet tooth! Vegan + Paleo + Gluten Free
It's here, 2017! Seven is my lucky number. Here's to this being my and your year!
For me, I'm not exactly sure what this means. I was thinking recently how I'm fairly content with where I am right now. My health is on the upswing (crossing my fingers and toes as I type that) and a lot of other pieces I've been working so hard to build are finally coming together.
Now if only it could stay that way. It always seems like I plan and God laughs so who knows. Oh, how life is a crazy roller coaster of unexpected good, bad and ugly.
As for you, I'm sure many of you are looking for ways to improve your health this year. I've had several of you emailing asking questions about group coaching. I'm only accepting 8 people in the group so make sure you schedule a weight loss breakthrough call before the spots are full. I really love the rejuvenation a new year brings out in others!
The sad part is 80% of people of people fall off the wagon by the second week of January so if you get past that you're chances of success are much higher! My best advice is find a way to make yourself be held accountable. This is why I love group coaching. It keeps you accountable while building a community. With that, "may the odds be ever in your favor."
Now that we got accountability, how about some chocolate! Where are my chocolate lovers at?
Many of you say you have trouble falling off the wagon and I'm guessing for some this is related to a sweet tooth. Well, I'll have you know these Chocolate Avocado Brownies are a solution to that! They're naturally sweetened, rich, fudgy, and truly a decadent.
What I love about these Chocolate Avocado Brownies is they have tons of sneaky, good-for-you ingredients like cashews which we talked about HERE why they're so good for you. Cocoa powder and turmeric for antioxidants which protect the body from damage. But the real star of the show is the avocado, a plant based food that's high in healthy fat and protein.
I've mentioned before I used to not be a big fan of avocados, which is why I like to sneak them into foods like this chocolate avocado pudding where I don't even know they're there. These Chocolate Avocado Brownies do just that. They've got sneaky ingredients all up in them, but taste like a frozen candy bar.
Oh, did I mention they're only 100 calories? Winning!
Take ten minutes to blend them up in a food processor and toss in a pan every week and you've got that sweet tooth covered! I like having a batch on hand because you just never know when it will strike. "May the odds be ever in your favor."
Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- 1 avocado very ripe, skin and seed removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons chocolate protein powder Vega Clean Protein Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water 1 hour and drained
- 1 cup dates pitted and soaked in water 1 hour and drained
- Blend on high until all ingredients are broken down into a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Layer parchment paper in an 8-inch x 8-inch square baking pan laying it criss-cross allowing the edges to hang over the side of the baking dish for each removal.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan then spread into an even layer with a spatula.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer a minimum of 1 hour to set.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and lift the brownies out of the pan using the sides of the parchment paper.
- Slice into 16 brownie squares. They are decadent and fudge-y so a little goes a long way!
- Store bars in the freezer up to one week.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my weight loss clients.
- You must use a VERY RIPE avocado for this recipe otherwise the consistency will be stiff and gross. If you use a different protein powder, I cannot guarantee the results will be the same.