Made with Greek yogurt, coconut and oat flour, these gluten free Coconut Cranberry Muffins sprinkled with hemp seeds are dense, dreamy & delicious!
I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and you’re stuffed to your eyeballs shopping (safely) to your heart’s desire today. <3
Yesterday was a good day. In fact, it was my version of a perfect day. A day with food and a lot of activity. I wasn’t planning on being very active yesterday, but things changed. I was awake at 3 a.m. not knowing what to do with myself. I swear the days I try to sleep in my body just refuses to do it. After tossing and turning in bed until 6 a.m. when I could no longer fight it, I finally got up and went downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee. I really cherish those slow mornings when I can do that.
My body was obviously having one of those anti-rest days when it just craved moment so I got a workout in at the gym, which by the way, was the busiest I’ve seen the place in a long time. I could have sworn it was January. After the gym, Thanksgiving meal happened then a hike with a friend. I was home by dinner, took a nap then woke up just in time for the Packer game.
It was a day of no work, just play. It felt very unproductive, but I think I needed it to rejuvenate me. I’ve been working long hours the last few weeks writing my books and working on a lot of freelance work that’s suddenly come my way. Something about being an entrepreneur is you’re always working. Weekends, mornings, nights, always. I have to get better about giving myself time off other than when I’m in the gym.
It makes me so happy to deliver you this muffin recipe today. After all that shopping you will surely be famished and this is certainly one muffin you need in your life! I made these for Mom months ago and she could not stop eating them, said they were the best muffin I’ve ever made. You don’t have to trust me, trust her. Enjoy! <3
- 8 egg whites
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Gluten Free oat flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup reduced sugar craisins
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp hemp seed hearts for sprinkling
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add egg whites & whisk quickly until fluffy
- To eggs, add Greek yogurt, honey, coconut oil & sea salt and stir to combine
- Add baking soda, oat flour and coconut flour
- Gently fold into batter to combine, do not over mix
- Add craisins & combine gently
- Add muffin liners to a muffin tin or spray with cooking spray
- Add batter to muffin cavities
- Top with sprinkles of hemp seeds
- Bake 25 minutes then remove muffin tin from oven
- Allow muffins to cool in the tin 20 minutes prior to removing & enjoying