This Ultimate Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a chocolate lovers dream! Made with wholesome ingredients and with zero added sugar or oil, this gluten and dairy free banana bread is the ultimate sweet treat! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Calling all chocolate lovers or should I say banana lovers?!? Either way you will fall in L-O-V-E with this Ultimate Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Before we dive into thick and creamy, chocolate-y bread let me wish you a Happy Memorial Day! Hopefully you’ve been loading up on summertime food and fun. Today is business as usual for me. Apparently when you’re in school you don’t get holidays. Boo!
We do get two weeks off this year, one in July and one in December so that makes up for it and I’d much rather have an entire week off than a measly day. I can make a lot more recipes in a week!
I really can’t complain though. Later this week I’m headed to Chicago for a blogging event and to visit my best friend and her family. I guess you could say next weekend is my Memorial weekend. 🙂
So I’ve been a busy bee all weekend working ahead on school and work so I’m not bombarded when I get back. Let’s be real though. No matter how hard I try, that’s gonna happen.
It really is a miracle that I can bake anything because I’m so impatient. In fact, I’d be willing to bet I’m the most impatient person on the planet. That’s probably why I subconsciously stick to muffin making because those little nuggets take half the time to bake as breads.
You wanna know something funny about this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread? I don’t even like bananas. Yep! You heard me right. This zucchini loving, nutrition obsessed, healthy living girl cannot stand bananas.
My stomach does flip flops just thinking about them. Blech! There’s something awful and gross about the texture of a banana, but put them in a muffin or in a bread and I’m all about riding the banana train!
You see…I am far from perfect. This is why I’m into baking and nutrition so I can figure out how to eat the good stuff without even trying.
Guys, this is the Ultimate Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and you can thank mother dearest for the addition of the chocolate extract to this bread that was a gift. That little extract makes this banana bread pop with extra luscious and oh, so chocolatey goodness. So grab your chocolate and bananas peeps! It’s time to get your baking pants on because this is one banana bread you need to make.
Join the Skinny Fitalicious List!
Sign up to receive a Sugar Free Meal Plan
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a blender, add the bananas, vanilla extract, honey, chocolate extract, applesauce, and blend until smooth.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and blend until well combined.
- Remove the batter from the blender and place in a bowl. Fold the chocolate chips into batter by hand to disperse evenly throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread the batter evenly with a rubber spatula
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be removed from the center of the loaf clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from the pan, cut into 12 slices and devour. Store in the refrigerator in a container to stay fresh up to a week.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.