Paleo Berry Cobbler! An irresistible dessert with a delicious almond flour topping! Dairy free, Vegan friendly, easy to make and customizable too! Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
It all started with a gluten free berry cobbler. A few years ago I posted it and truthfully, that cobbler started as a Paleo almond flour cobbler (ah-em exactly like the one you're getting today). While the gluten free version, had instructions for making this grain free cobbler, I felt it truly deserved it's own recipe.
I get a lot of questions on substitutions and honestly, it's impossible these days to cover every possible combination. It's unfortunate that we live in a time of many food intolerances, allergies and autoimmune diseases that require many versions of a recipe.
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days of eating white and whole wheat flour. Do people still do that? Much healthier, better quality flours available now! Coconut, almond, cassava, gluten free, sorghum, chickpea.
The options for healthier flours are overwhelming, but with my Hashimoto's disease and gluten intolerance I'm thankful for these healthier versions. A girl's gotta eat!
Paleo Berry Cobbler
This Paleo Berry Cobbler is the same recipe as my oat flour cobbler recipe only it's made with grain free with almond flour. Both recipes are lower in sugar, refined sugar free and boyfriend approved! That counts right?
This Paleo cobbler is made with a base of strawberries and blueberries (high antioxidants) brightened up with lemon juice and a touch of coconut sugar, and a crumbly almond flour topping. This cobbler dessert takes 10 minutes to prep making it the perfect summer time (or anytime) treat! Paleo and Vegan friendly too!
What You Need
- Almond Flour
- Arrowroot Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Coconut Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- 20-ounce oven safe baking dishes
This Paleo Vegan cobbler is extremely versatile! Easily swap your favorite fruit for the berries, or add dried fruit, nuts, or shredded coconut. Those extras are an amazing way to dress up this dessert!
For this recipe, I used frozen berries. You do not need to thaw before baking if using frozen, however, I do recommend taking them out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before baking so they get soften slightly.
I have not tested the recipe with coconut flour or any other flour besides gluten free. If you do try coconut flour, it will require a significantly different recipe.
Coconut flour requires a significant amount of fat usually in the form of eggs to hold the flour together.
Just know it's not a one-for-one swap! If you make it with another flour, please comment below. Your tips help other people making the recipe!
MORE HEALTHY CRISP AND COBBLER RECIPES
- Low Sugar Berry Cobbler Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Spice Apple Crisp
- Gluten Free Apple Crisp
- Low Calorie Peach Cobbler
Paleo Berry Cobbler
- Oven Safe Porcelain Bowl
- Mixing Bowls
For The Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sliced strawberries, blueberries, arrowroot powder, coconut sugar and lemon juice. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca, salt, baking powder. Then stir in the milk, oil and vanilla until it becomes thick.
- Add half the berry mixture to a porcelain bowl then top with the almond flour mixture. Repeat or the second bowl. It won't spread very smooth which is ok. It will spread more during baking.
- Bake at 375 F 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving. It will be hot! Top with dairy free ice cream for a yummy treat!