Grain Free Chocolate Walnut Truffles made with almond, walnuts, dates and chocolate these decadent mint no bake snacks melt in your mouth not in your hand! Gluten Free + Vegan + Paleo + Low Calorie
Something that drives me crazy about food blogs is how perfect the pictures always look and everything around them so neat and tidy. There's never soup running on the sides of the pristine white bowl or any one ingredient wilted.
Sometimes I wonder if the food is even cooked or if it's staged. A lot of companies stage "food" to make it appealing to consumers. Many times they don't even use real food.
It's some plastic thing made to look like the food they're promoting. Did you know cereal companies will put glue in the bowls so the cereal doesn't wilt and get soggy? Now that's appetizing! Really makes you wanna eat a bowl of cereal. It sure would be a lot less work if I didn't actually cook my food. Tempting...
Truth is that would never happen because I really like to cook so I can see the look on people's faces when they take a bite like these truffles. Priceless. Besides if I were gonna fake food blogging, then what's the point? I have a thousand other things I'd rather pursue in life that are real than waste my time being fake about something.
The downside of not being fake means not always being perfect. Every once in awhile, I take great humor in the lack of perfection in my photos like in the summer when I try to shoot a smoothie and it melts everywhere before I can grab the camera. That sucks. And it's messy.
Enough about cereal, we have an important recipe to make today...Grain Free Chocolate Walnut Truffles! These no bake snacks have a mild minty flavor and are sweetened with dates. Love dates because they're high in fiber which is exactly what you need for fat loss.
Paleo and vegan friendly snack bites with a peppermint twist! Not a peppermint fan? No problem! Swap it for almond or vanilla extract and they're just as delicious.
Make a batch for a healthy snack. Store half in the freezer so you can enjoy them again and again for healthy snacking.
Grain Free Chocolate Walnut Truffles
- Soak dates in a warm bowl of water 10-20 minutes to soften. This can also be done overnight.
- Add walnuts and almonds to a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add dates, cocoa powder, maple syrup and mint extract.
- Blend until a dough mixture is formed. If the mixture does not stick together, add 1-2 dates more then process again until sticky.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and roll into balls. Keep your hands wet while rolling the dough into balls to prevent them from sticking to your hands.
- Store in a container or plastic bag in the refrigerator for a healthy snack up to 14 days. Freeze up to 60 days.
What I Used For The Recipe