I'm always asked if Beautycounter is worth it? Here is my honest review of the Beautycounter products I have tried. I can’t get behind every product they sell quite yet, but I definitely have some makeup staples that I use daily and their 60-day return policy is really awesome. You can try things and return them. So let’s get into the details!
Beautycounter Makeup Remover
- When they first came out with their One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes, I loved them. They were really convenient and I could take them with me when I traveled. But I started not to love them because at some point the wipes simply moved my eye makeup around my eyes instead of removing it off my face. I would just have these raccoon eyes when I was trying to remove my makeup.
- The Instant Eye Makeup Remover really comes in handy. I use a q-tip, put just a little of the product on it, and I remove all my eye makeup without getting raccoon eyes. I really like this and it lasts forever!
- The Cleansing Balm will remove EVERYTHING, I use a makeup eraser cloth from Amazon to remove my makeup with. You can wash the clothes and reuse them.
Beautycounter Skincare Review
- Sunscreen - Something Beautycounter is known for is their sunscreen. Sunscreen has so many disgusting ingredients and I never buy mine at the store. But the Beautycounter sunscreen comes in a lotion or spray. Both DO go on white. This is normal for any mineral based sunscreen. But when you rub it into your skin it goes away. I find the roll-on stick is less of an issue with this if it bothers you.
- Moisturizer - Since Arizona is so dry and I use body lotion at least once a day, I wanted a safer lotion to choose from. I really like the Countermatch Adaptive Body Moisturizer. The Hydrating Body Lotion in Citrus Mimosa did not moisturize my skin well and I would not recommend it.
- Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask – This is one of my favorite products! I use the charcoal mask weekly. The charcoal pulls away excess oil and the salicylic and lactic acids help with exfoliation so your skin looks smooth afterwards.
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel - This is the one Beautycounter product I truly love and use 2-3 times weekly. It's made a huge difference in my skin too! The formula clears away dull surface cells revealing a brighter complexion by morning! And I’ve found that this really does what it’s supposed to do. It also doesn’t make my skin break out.
- Anti-Aging Skincare - I use the Countertime products - just the radiance serum, antioxidant soft cream, and tetrapeptide supreme cream. I didn't love the cleanser or cleansing oil in this line. I personally haven't seen a massive difference in fine lines, but the products do hydrate my skin well especially the supreme cream for at night without causing me to breakout.
- Cleansers - I prefer the foaming cleanser or the clear pore cleanser. Truthfully, I think the clear pore cleanser is underrated. I have some areas that are still oily and the clear pore cleanser really keeps it in check without over drying my skin.
- Countermatch Sleep Cream - The entire Countermatch regime is very light weight and gentle. For me, it does a poor job of moisturizing my skin. I put it on and seconds later, my skin is dry. If you have combination or oily skin, this could be a better option for you.
- Mascara - Don't waste your money. I've hated all of Beautycounter's mascaras.
- Foundation - I've used both the skin twin featherweight foundation and the tinted moisturizer. Truthfully, the featherweight foundation is quite the opposite of featherweight. It's so thick and it melts off my skin in the Arizona heat. I tried to love it, but I've just hated it. The tinted moisturizer I do like and use for going to the gym and light coverage. It's light and comfortable.
- Lipstick - Their lipsticks are really awesome! I have a bunch of the Color Intense lipsticks. They hydrate well and aren't thick and heavy like other ones. The luminous mauve is my daily go to lipstick.
- Gloss - I am not a gloss person. Love my lipstick! But several of my friends has said they love the beyond glosses.
I wanted to give you my honest opinion of the Beautycounter products I've tried and I hope it helps you as you swap healthier skincare and makeup products for cleaner and safer ones. There truly are so many gross, toxic ingredients the FDA allows in the products on the market and the industry is very loosely regulated.
I do love Beautycounter's mission to make skincare healthier and that's why I joined their mission back in 2018. I honestly wish it wasn't an MLM. That to me is a drawback and makes the products less accessible to everyone financially, but it hasn't prevented me from using their products or sharing them with you.
As you can tell, some of the products are great and I love them! There's always pros and cons to everything and I still believe swapping personal care products for cleaner ones is an important thing every woman should do for their health.