Instant Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice! Cajun flavors meet wholesome ingredients in this comforting dinner recipe. An easy, 30-minute meal for busy nights. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
This Instant Pot Cajun Chicken & Rice is sponsored by Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice. All opinions are my own.
Many of the meals I grew up on were made from basic foods. Chicken, rice, carrots and a mix of other ingredients. The dishes were basic, flavors were bland, and we only ate one type of rice. Today I enjoy making the same meals I grew up eating by adding different flavors and grains. A great way to get out of rut with cooking and use ingredients in new and different ways.
Instant Pot Cajun Chicken & Rice
This Instant Pot Cajun Chicken & Rice recipe is a wholesome and filling meal with a mild kick of spice. It uses Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice, which adds a mildly distinctive, aromatic flavor. It's an easy way to add an international flair to your meals without a lot of effort. The buttery rice works with a lot of different dishes.
Minute Jasmine Rice is precooked then dried so it takes much less time to cook than other rice. Generally, it takes just 5 minutes to make in a pot of boiling water. But in this recipe, it takes only 3 minutes.
Because everything made in an Instant Pot, it is pressure cooked, and the rice cooks faster this way. The entire meal, from start to finish, takes 30-minutes. It is ideal for busy weeknight dinners or meal prepping over the weekend for pre-made lunches throughout the week.
Repurpose leftovers into a soup by adding to a large pot, covering the chicken with broth and warming to a simmer. It makes a comforting soup that feels like a brand-new recipe!
What You Need
- Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice
- Carrots, Peas, Shallot
- Paprika, Cayenne, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Parsley
- Instant Pot
Because Minute Instant Jasmine Rice is precooked, the rice does not need to be cooked the entire duration. It only needs 3 minutes in the pressure cooker to cook, as do the vegetables. Three minutes ensures your rice is soft and fluffy!
Using another rice that is not precooked will require you to cook the rice the entire duration with the chicken in the Instant Pot. That's one of the key benefits of using Minute Instant Jasmine Rice. It's fast and easy!
If you do not have an Instant Pot, this recipe may also be cooked in a slow cooker, see the notes in the recipe card for alternative cooking methods.
To learn more about the newest Minute Rice products, delicious recipe ideas and other varieties within the Minute Rice family of products, click here.
Instant Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice
- Cover with the lid of the Instant Pot and set to steam or pressure cook for 25 minutes. Set the valve to sealing.
- Manually release the valve after 25 minutes to let the steam out then remove the lid.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken breast. It will shred easily from the steam.
- To the Instant Pot, add the carrots, peas and rice. Cover with the lid of the Instant Pot again and set to steam or pressure cook for 3 minutes. Set valve to sealing.
- Manually release the valve after 3 minutes to let the steam out then remove the lid. Stir the ingredients together and serve.
- To make in a slow cooker, follow step 1 by adding the ingredients listed to a slow cooker. Set to high and cook 4-6 hours until chicken shreds easily with 2 forks. Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook another 5-10 minutes until rice is fluffy and veggies are tender.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my weight loss clients.
- If you love this recipe, checkout my cookbook for more delicious recipes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice.