Healthy Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Wings are un-breaded and air fried making them fewer calories than traditional fried wings and are gluten free. A simple appetizer or meal that's pleases everyone! Low Calorie + Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Carb
Wings are a favorite in our house! We love making them for simple dinners when we want a lazy night meal that feels like takeout. They're also perfect for serving as an appetizer!
I've been making crockpot BBQ chicken wings for years, but the air fryer is hands down the best way to go when it comes to making chicken wings. Let me tell you why.
What Makes Air Fryer Chicken Wings Healthier?
Traditional chicken wings are submerged in oil and fried which makes them higher and calories, and not the healthiest option. This chicken wing recipe is air fried so no oil is used to fry them, yet they still have the delectable taste of being fried!
- Lower Calories - while I NEVER say food is all about the calories, it is scientifically shown that calories do matter when you are watching your weight. I talk more about this in my free class if you're interested. Lower calorie options like this chicken wing recipe make healthy eating feel less like healthy eating and more like normal eating.
- High Protein - One serving of this recipe (1/2 pound) has 24 grams of protein. Females should consume 25-30 grams per meal.
- Gluten Free - This recipe is not breaded and the ingredients are naturally gluten free.
- Low Carb - Most wing recipes are breaded. This one is not, making it a lower carb option at just 4 grams per serving.
Ingredients For Everything Bagel Chicken Wings
Here's what you need to make this air fryer chicken wing recipe!
- Air Fryer
- Large mixing bowl
- Chicken Wings (got mine from ButcherBox)
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (or make your own - see below)
- Garlic Powder
- Dijon Mustard
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Where's The Best Place To Buy Chicken Wings
I buy my chicken wings from Butcher Box or Trader Joe's. I prefer Butcher Box (my full review of them is here) because their poultry is pasture-focused and hormone free. When I don't have time to order them, I go to Trader Joe's.
If those are not options for you, I recommend looking for chicken wings that are hormone free.
How To Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
I know some of you may be concerned about the sodium level in everything but the bagel seasoning. If this is a health concern for you, this brand is salt free or you can make your own seasoning very simply by mixing together one tablespoon each of minced garlic, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, dried minced onion, poppy seeds then salt and pepper to your liking.
How To Make Everything Bagel Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
Add the chicken wings and coat them lightly with the mixture. It will not be super thick. It should be a light coating.
Place each chicken wing on the plate and coat with the seasoning. Coat it just enough to cover the chicken then place in the air fryer. Repeat this process for all chicken wings.
Cook the wings in the air fryer at 350 F for 20 minutes then flip the wings with a tong and increase the temperature to 400 F for 15 minutes.
Serve your wings immediately with hot sauce or your dipping sauce of choice!
How To Bake Everything Bagel Chicken Wings In The Oven
Wondering if you can bake chicken wings in the oven? Yes, you can bake chicken wings in the oven. If you don't have an air fryer the oven would be your best option! Here's how you make everything bagel chicken wings in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the wings on a large baking sheet spread out. Cook 20 minutes then flip the wings and cook another 20 minutes at 400 F.
Substitutions For Everything But The Bagel Chicken Wings
Here's a few substitutions you can make for this chicken wing recipe! Keep in mind, substitutions do change the nutritional values shown in the recipe card below.
- Chicken Wings - boneless wings or cauliflower florets would work as substitutions.
- Dijon Mustard / Olive Oil - you cannot taste the dijon mustard in this recipe, I promise! It's job is to work as a binder. If this does not work for you, egg whites would work instead or use a Whole30 compliant mayo.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning - you can omit this and simply use garlic powder and sesame seeds.
- Garlic Powder - you can omit this if you like and replace with onion powder, or another herb like dried parsley.
Healthy Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Wings
- Mix the dijon and oil together in a large mixing bowl. Mix the everything but the bagel seasoning and garlic powder together on a plate. Toss the wings together in the large mixing bowl and coat the mixture with your fingers over the wings.
- Place each chicken wing on the plate and coat with the seasoning then place in your air fryer. Repeat for all chicken wings.
- Cook at 350 F for 20 minutes then flip the wings with a tongs. Turn the temperature up to 400 F. Cook another 15 minutes then serve with hot sauce or your favorite dipping sauce! Note, my air fryer does not require pre-heating. If yours requires pre-heating, pre-heat before step one.
- To reheat chicken wings, place in the air fryer at 350 F for 10 minutes or in the oven on a baking shet at 350 F for 15 minutes.