This roasted Garlic Parmesan Hummus is silky smooth, the creamiest hummus you will ever have! Layered with nutty flavors and loaded with garlic and pepper this dip has a flavorful kick. Your every day hummus jazzed up that will leave you begging for more!
FINALLY I’m able to do some elliptical! This is a BIG deal you guys! It’s been almost one year since I broke my leg in the car accident last July. I’ve known for awhile that I was probably ready to do more cardio, but I was just too scared to try anything new fearing I’d injury something else. With my bone and hormone issues, I’ve been sticking to weight training, cycling and swimming since getting off crutches in November.
Then when I got sick two weeks ago, I was forced to stop swimming. The pool had been aggravating my respiratory issues so I decided it was time to try a little elliptical a few times a week. I’ve felt for some time that I was ready to do more but was too scared to try.
My hip instability was horrible after 3 months of crutches. I really wanted to focus on strengthening my quad and hamstring muscles before throwing a bunch of cardio in the mix. It feels so good to move my body more and in a different way. I just have to be careful not to go overboard. With my personality, I have a tendency to go that way. Speaking of overboard, you better grab your life preserver because you’re about to go overboard for this Garlic Parmesan Hummus!
This hummus is salty, peppery, garlicky and packed with oh so much cheesiness! This is the kind of hummus you will eat by the spoonful. I do! And there’s ain’t no shame in that.
With summer right around the corner, that means BBQ and outdoor parties galore. This silky creamy Garlic Parmesan Hummus is sure to be a hit with its nutty flavors. That is if you can get it out of the house without devouring the entire bowl yourself. Best to make a double batch just to be safe!
[Tweet “Need a party appetizer? Try this Cheesy Garlic Parmesan #Hummus! #GlutenFree”]
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 6 garlic gloves
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmasean
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the top of a garlic head off to expose the bulbs. Place the garlic on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to enwrap it. Spray with just a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic, place on a baking sheet & bake 40 minutes in the oven.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and remove from the aluminum foil. Allow it to cool 20 minutes.
- To a food processor or blender, add all the ingredients for the hummus including the garlic and process until smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl and enjoy!