Sheet Pan Hummus Chicken marinated in Paleo zucchini hummus turns boring chicken into a flavorful meal. Paired with spiralized sweet potato for a french fry like side. All made on one sheet pan in 20 minutes! Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
It’s hard asking for help. The other day I was at the guy’s house going over notes from my editor who wanted to double, possibly triple my recipe workload. I was elated my photography was getting more attention and bringing more work. Then suddenly, I felt myself spinning into panic mode. Anxious, dizzy, heart racing and feeling completely out of control.
Panic attacks have reared their ugly head throughout my life. What I hate more than the attack is someone seeing it happening to me. No matter how hard I tried keeping it under control he knew. I pulled myself together and left for gym which made everything right in my world again. How does the gym do that?
When I got home, I got right to work on this Sheet Pan Hummus Chicken. The night before I made Paleo zucchini hummus (one of my favorite bean free dips) and had the genius idea at the gym to repurpose it into a creamy, flavorful sheet pan baked chicken. Because I’m obsessed with 20 minutes meals!
While I was shooting this delicious Sheet Pan Hummus Chicken, the guy came over to work from my house which turned into him making lunch. I told him I didn’t have time for lunch, and his response was let me help you. All you have to do is ask. Why is asking for help so hard?
I think we’re all guilty of letting things go or brushing them off until something happens that forces us to deal with them or ask for help to get through them. I notice the people who come to me for nutritional counseling have waited a long time to ask for help, and feel a sense of desperation by the time they finally have their first meeting with me. It’s hard asking for help, but sometimes it’s necessary for your sanity and well being.
Sometimes we try so hard to keep everything together on the outside we forget to nurture ourselves on the inside. I know that’s easier said than done. Believe me. I do. That’s why you see many easy recipes like this Sheet Pan Hummus Chicken.
A recipe that turns boring chicken into a flavorful meal with simple ingredients that adds veggies to your diet in a sneaky way. Paired with spiralized sweet potato for a “french fry” like side, this meal could not be any more comforting. Everything bakes together on a single sheet pan in 20 minutes making healthy cooking a breeze.
And don’t make an excuse that you don’t have time to prep the chicken and sweet potato, because maybe if you ask for help it will be easier than you think!
P.S. Did I also mention he took my blood pressure like an old lady? Sometimes I think he does these things to torture me.
Join 10k subscribers & get insider health tips!
Get my FREE eBOOK Achieve Your New Healthy Life + A BONUS discount when you join!
- 3 medium chicken breasts, thawed
- 6 tbsp Paleo Zucchini Hummus, divided
- 2 small sweet potatoes or yams, spiralized (~2 cups)
- salt & pepper to taste
- lemons for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a medium baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts horizontally on the baking sheet leaving room in between
- Place 2 tablespoons of hummus on top of each chicken breast and spread into an even layer.
- Arrange the spiralized sweet potato around the chicken breasts. Alternatively, you can dice the sweet potato into small quarter size pieces to cook at the same temperature for the same amount of time.
- Salt & pepper the sweet potato and chicken breasts to taste.
- Bake at 350 F 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve immediately with lemon.
What I Used For The Recipe
How do you ask for help?