Meal Prep Chickpeas Grilled Veggies! Cumin roasted chickpeas with grilled veggies and quinoa is a meal even meat lovers will love. Packed with nutrition and deliciousness, this recipe makes an easy, healthy meal prep for lunch or dinner! Vegan + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Gotta love summer and all the summer grilling eats! Even though it's a thousand degrees in Phoenix, okay so technically 110. What's the difference? We still make the sacrifice to get out in the heat to get our grill on at least once or twice a week.
I'm not sure why, but grilled foods just taste so good. Maybe it's because we don't get them as often as other foods. Whatever it is, I've decided I need to grill more veggies because holly yum! Soft, tender, sugary veggies off the grill are the best thing ever.
I don't love eating raw veggies much, but put a plate of grilled veggies in front of me and guaranteed I will eat all of it. Half the battle of eating your veggies is finding how you like to eat them. Grilled is definitely my choice!
I paired my grilled veggies with cooked quinoa and cumin roasted chickpeas, and turned it into an EASY Meal Prep Chickpeas & Grilled Veggies meal. A simple, delicious and filling lunch. If you're not into chickpeas, you can replace them another lean protein like chicken, turkey etc.
A pro tip! I bought the veggies already pre-chopped at Trader Joe's. It saved me a ton of prep time. I'm incredibly busy these days so instead of sacrificing eating well for busyness, I sacrificed a little extra money to save me time in the veggie chopping department. It's the little things like that that help me stay on track!
Meal Prep Chickpeas and Grilled Veggies
- 1 1/3 cup chickpeas about 2 15 oz cans, liquid drained
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 cup yellow squash sliced in medallions
- 1 cup zucchini sliced in medallions
- 3/4 cup white onion sliced in large pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced in large pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat a grill to medium heat 325-350 F.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl with cumin, salt and pepper. toss together then spread on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake at 325 F 5-8 minutes or until toasted and crunchy.
- Divide the chickpeas, quinoa and veggies among 4 meal prep containers. Mine was 1/4 cup quinoa in each 1/3 cup of chickpeas and about 1 cup veggies.
- You can cook this meal prep any number of ways. Roast the veggies in the oven with the chickpeas or cook the chickpeas on the grill with the veggies. If roasting the veggies in the oven, it may take longer. I would set them to broil 8-10 minutes. Either method works!
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.