Mashed Potato Muffins! A simple recipe to turn leftover mashed potatoes into a healthy side with incredible texture and flavor! Enjoy as an appetizer, dinner side, or for breakfast with eggs! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Thank you Potatoes USA for sponsoring this Mashed Potato Muffins post. Make a delicious and convenient meal for your family tonight with potatoes!
Muffins! It's Monday and I have a muffin recipe for you that's got a fun twist. Mashed Potato Muffins!
Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes! I love them! They're easy to add to any protein and green vegetable for a quick weeknight dinner, or to have with morning eggs.
I love eating them at night because they squash my late night sugar cravings.
That said, potatoes are a convenient way to eat healthy and pack in extra nutrients like potassium, vitamin C and B vitamins.
They're also healthy carbohydrate (remember why carbs are important!) that's easy to incorporate into any diet or cuisine, and there's a million ways to eat them that go beyond baking and roasting. Let me explain!
You see over the holidays I had a ton of leftover mashed potatoes. After a few days, they started to look pretty sad in the refrigerator and no one was eating them.
So, I mixed up the leftovers with a few ingredients and baked them into mashed potato muffins.
Now I'm showing you how to repurpose leftover mashed potatoes by turning them into pre-portioned mashed potato muffins using white potatoes. Oh YUM!
Healthy Mashed Potato Muffins
As you know, I use a muffin tin for practically everything I make. It's a simple hack for eating in portion control because when it comes to delicious foods like mashed potatoes, it's easy to go overboard.
A muffin tin is the perfect solution for enjoying foods you love without worrying about how much you're eating. Plus, muffins are easy to take with you on the go.
They make great lunchbox snacks, appetizers, dinner sides, and are even great to eat for breakfast with a side of eggs or another lean protein.
This mashed potato muffins recipe is awesome for using leftovers before they go bad. New recipe, tastes great and can be eaten with any meal. Winning!
Mashed Potato Muffins
To Make Mashed Potatoes
- Wash and peel the potatoes then place in a pot of boiling water. Boil until tender and soft. Pierce them with a fork to test.
- Remove from the pot, chop roughly then place in a food processor with milk, salt, greek yogurt, green onions and Italian seasonings.
- Blend on high until smooth.
To Make Mashed Potato Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Be generous so they do not stick.
- Place mashed potatoes in a large mixing bowl with egg. Whisk together until the egg is incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mashed potatoes into the muffin tin cavities filling to the top.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins sit 5-10 minutes before removing them. Using a mini spatula to run around the edges helps to remove them.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in the refrigerator up to 7 days.