Coconut Cashew Pineapple Bites! These gluten free bites with a sweet pineapple inside and crunchy coconut cashew outside are the perfect bite sized snack! Paleo + Vegan + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
I’ve partnered with Dole Packaged Foods to bring you this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
You guys!!! We're bring back a snack favorite today! Energy bites!
Energy bites are one of my FAVORITE things to meal prep for a healthy snack. They're cheaper than buying store bars and better for you because you can control the ingredients. Oh... and I have just a few dozen recipes on this blog that I couldn't pick a favorite if you asked me to. Chocolate peanut butter protein balls, hemp seed energy bites, chia strawberry shortcake bites are a few of my favorites!
But...these aren't just any energy bite. Oh no! These are No Bake Coconut Cashew Pineapple Bites. Yep, we're doing this! Pineapple style!!!
Coconut Cashew Pineapple Bites
I'm excited to share with you one of my VERY FAVORITE energy bites made with naturally sweet and juicy, PINEAPPLE. Say what??? YES! Real pineapple tidbits! Blended into the batter so you get a taste of its sweetness in every bite.
Only four ingredients too! Pineapple, cashews, dates and shredded coconut. No added sugar, no ingredients you can't pronounce. Just real wholesome goodness! The best part is how simple they are to make. Mix them up in a food processor and roll!
What You Need
- Pineapple Tidbits
- Dates (or figs)
- Shredded Coconut
The batter for these Coconut Cashew Pineapple Bites will be dense, wet and sticky. I recommend damping your hands before rolling it into balls. This way, you won't lose half the batter to your hands. And...I might add that refrigerating the bites for 2 hours before eating makes them so much more enjoyable. It's like a mini pineapple cake!
In the recipe card below, you'll see several options for substituting the ingredients. Except the pineapple. You don't want to swap the pineapple. Oh my! It's the star of the show and gives these energy bites their wow factor!
Alright I think we covered everything. Are you ready to make and No Bake a healthy snack?
Coconut Cashew Pineapple Bites
- Drain the liquid of the pineapple tidbits using a colander.
- Combine the cashews, dates and pineapple in a food processor and combine until smooth. If the batter becomes too runny or has too much liquid, then add a few more cashews to hold it together. You can also refrigerator the batter 20 minutes before rolling into balls to make it easier.
- Place the 1/2 cup shredded coconut on a large plate.
- Roll the dough into 12 bites then roll over the shredded coconut flakes to coat. Keep your fingers damp as you roll the dough so it doesn't stick to your hands!
- Store the bites in the refrigerator 2 hours to set before enjoying! Store bites in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my weight loss clients.
- If you love this recipe, check out my cookbook for more delicious recipes!
- Allergic to nuts? Substitute with sunflower butter! Because sunflower butter is runnier than grinding raw nuts, you can blend up to 1/4 cup more dates and it will come together.
- Dates may be swapped with figs, raisins or any dried fruit.