The best Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies you'll ever eat! Made lighter and balanced in nutrition, this cookie recipe is easy to make and butter free. Soft, pillowy cookies! Paleo + Gluten Free
Every holiday season I make chocolate chip cookies. It reminds me of growing up and eating my Grandma's famous cookies. She always had them in the freezer waiting for when we got there. I love my chocolate chip cookies chilled. So good!
Except Grandma's weren't all that healthy. Crisco, butter, white flour and white sugar. Oh my! A little too unhealthy for my style and quite frankly those ingredients are outdated. Tasty, but we can do better friends!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chips Cookies
These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are healthier than Grandma's! Made with almond flour so they're higher in fat and will keep you full. They also have less sugar so your blood sugar won't spike over and over again making you feel like you want to go back for seconds, thirds, fourths and well... you know it goes downhill from there.
I love making healthier versions of Grandma's cookies and this one is definitely one you need to make along with Low Calorie Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vegan Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies and Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies.
What You Need
- Almond Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Sugar
- Coconut Oil
- Baking Soda, Salt
- Chocolate Chips (dairy-free if needed)
It's very important to chill this batter before baking. Don't skip this step! It's key to preventing the batter from spreading while baking. Butter free cookies like this one, spread easily from the lack of fat. Chilling ensures they will turn out soft, fluffy and perfect!
I haven't test other versions of this recipe, but I do have many other chocolate chip cookie recipes on the blog so if this one doesn't work for you check those out. I mentioned them above. If you do, make these please tag @skinnyfitalicious on Instagram or Facebook so I can share your work!
Now....who's ready to bake? Or better yet...EAT COOKIES!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixture, add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mixture until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add half the dry mixture to the wet mixture then add the 2 tbsp of coconut oil and mix to combine
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup of coconut oil and dry mixture to the batter and mix. Next fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator 15 minutes to set. This prevents the cookies from spreading too much.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator then use a medium ice cream scoop, to scoop the batter. Roll the batter into a ball using your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F 12-13 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in the refrigerator.
What I Used For The Recipe