Spicy Shrimp Sausage Stir-Fry! An easy, 30-minute protein packed meal loaded with a rainbow of veggies. A meal you can feel good about feeding your family that tastes great too! Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie!
Just letting you know, this Spicy Shrimp Sausage Stir-Fry recipe was originally published September 2016. I retested, rephotographed and updated the content for you. Hope you enjoy it!
August and September are always the strangest time of year to me. It's still triple digits in Arizona and everywhere I look I see pumpkin. I never know if I should be posting food appropriate for the climate or the internet. What do you guys think?
Although I do have an apple pie recipe and butternut squash pancakes already shot for you, I just cannot fathom the idea of posting them quit yet. After all, making those things in extreme heat was unbearable enough.
Instead, you're getting this revamped Spicy Sausage Shrimp Stir-Fry today. YEAH! Get excited. Speaking of getting excited, make sure you're on the list to get the FREE video series starting next week. So much excitement going on around here, I can hardly contain myself.
I recently got a new Sizzlefish delivery, and you know where the shrimp went? Right in the sauté pan with the spicy sausage and veggies for this recipe! We love all things fish in my house.
I really forgot how much I loved this recipe. It's so simple to make, nourishing and filling even without the rice. It is definitely a meal you can't fail at and one you should add to your weekly meal plan rotation.
I used leftover veggies I had in the refrigerator to make this and I recommend you do the same. I call it my weekly refrigerator clean-out. AKA take all the leftover, half dying veggies and turn it into something. Stir-fries, soups, casseroles are the usual suspects.
This Spicy Sausage Shrimp Stir Fry is also a meal you can make ahead of time and freeze for a rainy day. Just thaw then heat over a low temperature so you don't overcook the shrimp and sausage, and it's just as good as the day you made it! A healthy, 30-minute meal you can make in advance and freeze? Sign me up!
But seriously, who can resist a meal this colorful?
3 Smart Strategies To Stop Cravings
BONUS when you sign up!
Spicy Shrimp Sausage Stir-Fry
- 12 shrimp cleaned and deveined with tail removed
- 3 chicken sausage sliced in quarter inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 green bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat to medium heat. Add sausage and garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook until sausage is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Next add broccoli and peppers to the skillet tossing frequently for 5 minutes until just a bit tender.
- Add shrimp with chili peppers, salt, pepper, coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar. Cook until shrimp are opaque, about 4 minutes tossing the ingredients at least once a minute.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a container to freeze or refrigerate.
- This dish can be eaten as is or you can add cauliflower rice, brown rice, noodles, quinoa to it if you like.
- 1 serving equals 1 1/4 cups.
- Visit my shop for more products I used for this recipe and recommend to my nutrition clients.