Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash! Spaghetti squash makes an easy Paleo pasta alternative with buffalo chicken and veggies for a healthier meal! Dairy Free + Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Meal Prep Saturday! It may be the holiday season, but we still need to eat REAL food. I mean I would love to live off cookies, brownies and cake the entire month of December, but my hips and thighs don't. Actually, my stomach is very sensitive. Too many treats and it freaks out on me.
That's why I've been posting a balance of healthy main dish recipes (like this Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash) and holiday goodies. To keep you inspired to eat healthy through the holiday season with a sprinkle of treats in between!
You would never look at this recipe and think, WOW I NEED to eat that. But believe me, YOU DO. I didn't realize how much I love buffalo sauce until my boyfriend got me hooked on buffalo wings. Our favorite local grill does them a special way. A recipe I hope to recreate soon. So now, I'm obsessed with putting buffalo sauce on ALL THE FOOD.
I used Tessamae Buffalo Sauce, but Tabasco also makes a good one with clean ingredients. Both are gluten free and delicious. I will warn you, they are spicy so this recipe is for the ultimate spice lover.
Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
For the Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash halved with seeds removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On one baking sheet place the spaghetti squash halves, spray lightly with cooking spray then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flesh side down and cover with tin foil. Bake 40 minutes.
- On the other baking sheet, place the chicken breasts. Divide the oil among them then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub it in well with you hands on both sides. Bake 25 minutes until cooked through.
- Once the chicken has cooled, shred it with two forks.
- Place the chicken in a bowl with red pepper, celery, thyme and buffalo sauce. Mix well together.
- Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash from the flesh lengthwise.
- Plate the chicken mixture over the spaghetti squash and EAT!
What I Used For The Recipe