Healthy Steak & Peppers is a delicious Instant Pot meal, full of protein, nutrients and lower in calories. The key to its flavor lies in the easy Asian sauce! Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Guys if you haven't cooked steak or beef in your Instant Pot yet. DO IT!
One of my biggest beefs about beef (lol) is that it can dry out easily, but not when you pressure cook it. It gets nice and tender and juicy and oh so good.
Cooking big chunks of steak in the Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to cook it! It just makes so much sense!
Healthy Steak & Peppers
This recipe combines sliced bell peppers, onions, garlic, ginger and a simple Asian sauce that goes on top.
Served with cauliflower rice for a lighter and more nutrient dense meal. Don't love cauliflower? Don't worry! I mix cauliflower rice and brown rice together and my picky boyfriend doesn't even notice it's there!
What You Need
- Steak (I buy mine from Butcherbox)
- Red & Green Bell Peppers
- Coconut Aminos
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Garlic, Ginger
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onion
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice
How To Make Steak & Peppers in an Instant Pot
Slice the bell peppers, onions, chop the meat and toss it in an Instant Pot. A 7-quart pot is what I used! Then add the sauce, garlic, ginger, black pepper, cover the pot and set to steam for 3 minutes!
Yep, it's that quick guys! Just remember the pot will take time to pressurize. Mind took about 10 minutes which is still quick for a healthy meal from scratch.
Once the pot is done, release the valve, let the steam come out, uncover and stir in the cauliflower rice.
I prefer using frozen cauliflower rice in my recipes as it doesn't have a stinky flavor. I simply thaw and drain before adding to the recipe.
How To Make Steak & Peppers in a Slow Cooker
To make healthy steak and peppers in a slow cooker, simply follow the same method as the Instant Pot.
The difference will be in the cook time. You can either cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Once it's cooked, add the cauliflower rice then serve garnished with the sesame seeds and green onions.
Hope you enjoy this goodie!
Healthy Steak & Peppers
- 8 oz sirlion steak sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 white onion sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- black pepper to taste
- 8 oz cauliflower rice frozen, thawed and drained
- 2 green onions sliced for garnish
- Place the steak, peppers, onions, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, Sriaracha, garlic, ginger and black pepper in an Instant Pot.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Press steam or pressure cook and set for 3 minutes. Note, it will take extra time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure - about 10 minutes for a 7-quart pot.
- While the steak and peppers cook, drain the thawed cauliflower rice and set aside.
- Turn the valve to release the pressure when done then carefully remove the lid and stir in the cauliflower rice, green onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!