Paleo Grain Free White Chocolate Pecan Cookies are a brownie-like, dairy-free cookie filled with sweet white and dark chocolate you can't resist! Paleo + Vegan + Gluten Free
There is always a first for everything. I can't believe I'm writing this post the day before it goes live. That is a first and something I never do. There must be something wrong with me. My type A personality has me always uber organized with my posts scheduled at least a week ahead of time if not more. I'm not gonna lie. The past week I've been feeling uninspired to write.
Writing my second book has taken the steam out of me. For a solid two weeks, I was a writing fool working all hours of the night and day, getting everything out of my brain, on paper as quickly as it was pouring out of me. I felt so productive, on top of my game hitting every goal in sight then suddenly, it stopped. Blank. Nothing. Nada.
If there's one thing I do not like about writing, it's that writer's block is completely unpredictable and happens at the most inconvenient times. Like when you have three sponsored posts due the next day. I've learned when it comes to writing, or any work for that matter, burnout is a real thing.
Maybe someone's brain is wired to writing 8 hours a day, 7 days a week but certainly not mine. In fact, I've done it over and over again and the inevitable crash and burn into writer's block always happens leaving me wandering around in a hazy cloud for days searching for words to come back. But I have discovered the answer. BALANCE.
That probably sounds obvious to the average person, but it's not to me. Balance is not something I'm good at and perhaps will never be. At least I'm aware of my issue and hopefully, in the new year will discover a new balance.
After all, it's good to know your own weaknesses because when it comes to a chewy, brownie-like chocolate, pecan infused grain-free Paleo cookie like this one, you won't be able to stop at just one. They're healthy and it's the holidays so you should make yourself a batch. Balance friends!
Grain Free White Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer or bowl for a hand mixer, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, almond extract, salt and mix to combine.
- Slowly add almond flour to the batter as you continue to blend. Once almond flour is fully mixed, fold in coconut flour and white chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, add a scoop of batter to the baking sheet to form a cookie.
- Press the batter down a bit with your hand to flatten slightly. Press 1 pecan on top of the cookie to bake it into the cookie.
- Bake at 350 F 10-12 minutes until the edges are firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the pan 5 minutes until firm then transfer to a wire baking rack and enjoy.