Treat yourself to gluten free Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Donuts made with less fat, less sugar and less calories and a lot of flavor. Perfect special occasion treat! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Fall has finally arrived here in Phoenix this week. The mornings are a crisp 60 degrees and the days are cool 80’s. Perfect for flip-flops and sweaters! That probably sounds insane to those of you suffering 30 degree weather already. Speaking of 30 degrees, Mom headed back to Wisconsin over the weekend. I am free!!!
Kidding… I LOVED having her here these last few months. I told her last week in my post surgery stupor how it was a blessing we’ve been able to spend so much time together these last two years. We’ve spent more time together than we have in the last ten years combined.
As much as I needed the help and appreciated it, I felt a sense of freedom in her leaving. I almost forgot what it’s like to take care of myself. I still have a long way to go in recovery, but at least I’m headed in the right direction.
The changes in my life feel like they correspond appropriately with the change in season. Those changes, however, did not go over so well in my kitchen though. You see living in the hottest place on earth you never have to melt coconut oil. It’s always perfectly runny, ready for any and every baking expedition.
I forgot how vulnerable that weather change makes coconut oil to hardening to anything too cold like an egg because you never need a room temperature egg in Arizona.
The mere process of removing it from the fridge is enough to bring it to room temperature. The lesson is make sure all ingredients are room temperature before attempting to combine. I go through this every year. I don’t know when I will learn. Please learn from me.
Today is a special occasion! It’s not only my birthday, but it’s also my 2nd blogiversary. Yes, I started my blog on my birthday. Kind of cliche I know, but it holds a special place in my heart and for that it’s quite appropriate.
I can’t believe it’s been two years since I started this. I feel so blessed for the opportunities and amazing people I have met through this. I’m honored to have you here everyday and to thank you for that!
Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
Treat yourself to gluten free with coconut flour Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Donuts made with less fat, less sugar and less calories and a lot of flavor. Perfect special occasion treat!
For the donuts
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg white room temperature
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
For the glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking oil.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, egg white, coconut oil, vanilla extract and milk.
- Be sure egg white is room temperature, if it is too cold it will harden with the coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and spices. Gradually fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients to combine.
- Fill donut cavities with batter to the top of cavity. You will need to press the dough into the cavity a bit & smooth with you fingers.
- Coconut flour will bake the way you place it so be sure it is level and even in the pan.
- Bake donuts 13-15 minutes at 350 F.
- Remove donuts from oven, plan pan upside down on a baking rack so the donut will fall out right side up.
- While the remaining batch is cooking, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl.
- Dip each donut into glaze and place on baking rack to harden.
- Sprinkle the donuts with a pinch of cinnamon each. Store in the refrigerator up to a week.
Love my recipes?
Check out my cookbook!