10 Minute Grilled Shrimp Tacos! This lightened up recipe shows you how to do tacos healthier and in a breeze. Grilling shrimp produces delicious flavor and can be easily done with a grill pan. A healthy dinner for busy weeknights or weekend BBQ's! Gluten Free + Low Calorie with a Paleo option
Wow, it's May already! Hopefully, most of you are done with snow at this point. My friends and family back in Wisconsin had to deal with a whopping blizzard a few weeks ago.
Apparently, it was the largest storm since 1880 with 23 inches of snow. How do they even have records that go that far back?
Living in Phoenix, I can't image what that's like. I'm over here in 90 degrees with the air conditioning running and my shorts on.
Even though I grew up in Green Bay, I haven't lived there in 15 years, and I've quickly (and happily) forgotten what it feels like to be surrounded by cold and snow the majority of the year.
So, I'd say we could all use some summer weather and warm food! Well, maybe not me, I'm good holding off on the 100 degrees for awhile. Sweating over here in the 90's!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
These 10 Minute Grilled Shrimp Tacos are perfect for warming up and get your summer on. If you don't have a grill not to worry, a grill pan works just as well!
Got my shrimp from Sizzlefish. I receive a shipment from them every 3 months and it's the perfect amount for the two of us. I've been ordering my fish from them for 4 years now.
It saves me money, time and calories having lean fish in my freezer for easy meals like these grilled shrimp tacos.
A trick I learned when I was working in Mexico was to marinade the shrimp in a ton citrus. It immerses in the shrimp and gives it the most incredible flavor! You can add the marinade before grilling the shrimp, or let the shrimp sit in the marinade overnight.
That's my preferred method, but I was short on time so if you're in a pinch, these 10 minute grilled shrimp tacos will save your life.
10 Minute Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp thawed with tail removed and de-veined
Optional ingredients & toppings
- Corn tortillas check label to ensure they are Gluten Free, omit for Paleo
- Grain free tortillas for Paleo
- Pico de galo or salsa
- Cilantro for garnish
- 4 lime wedges
- Soak 5 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- While the bamboo skewers soak, clean the fish as needed and prepare the marinade by mixing it together in a bowl. Let the fish sit at room temperature 10 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium heat about 350 F. Remove the bamboo skewers from the water then thread the shrimp onto the skewers.
- Place on a large cutting board or plate and brush the fish on both sides liberally with the marinade. Grill 10 minutes turning half way through. Then remove from the grill.
- Serve immediately by removing the shrimp from the skewers and pairing with your favorite ingredients.
What I Used For The Recipe