An easy skillet Teriyaki Sriracha Salmon marinated in a homemade teriyaki sauce and topped with a Sriracha Greek yogurt sauce that you can't resist! Big on flavor, spicy as you like and perfect for a quick meal. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
I have to say, I've never met a fish I didn't like. Well, maybe except that one time working in Mexico when a co-worker ordered octopus.
I may be going out on a whim here, but I'd like to think that's the exception not the rule because I worked in Mexico for many years, and that was the only time I ever said that's a fish I won't eat.
But salmon, oh salmon! Flaky, hearty and juicy salmon always has my heart. Good thing it's heart healthy! Okay, yes.
Nerdy nutrition alert over here! But in all seriousness. Salmon really is heart healthy. It's high in omega-3 which is a type of fatty acid that reduces inflammation, lowers bad cholesterol, supports joint and brain health.
Extremely good for those with high cholesterol, heart or brain health issues, those with arthritis, those who workout a lot, trying to lose weight, or being proactive about their health by eating healthy. Oh, how I wish everyone would!
It wasn't until I lost 80 pounds that salmon became a staple in my diet. Now it's my favorite fish! Can never pass it on a menu and it's on my plate at home at least once a week. But food is like a relationship.
You have to come up with new and delicious ways to eat it to keep it exciting or it loses it's attraction. How many times have you eaten a food too much and it got boring and dull? You can do that easily by adding different sauces, spices and flavors.
Teriyaki Sriracha Salmon
This Asian inspired Teriyaki Sriracha Salmon is guaranteed to pull you in with it's blend of flavors! It strikes the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
Baked in a cast iron skillet with a homemade teriyaki sauce (don't worry, it's EASY!) to flaky perfection, then drizzled with a Greek yogurt Sriracha, this Teriyaki Sriracha Salmon is going to blow your taste buds aways. It's really takes salmon from boring and flavorless to exciting and brand new!
As a side note, I can't find really good fish in Arizona where I live. I know. You would think the desert would have fish with the abundance of water here?!? That's exactly why I order my salmon from Sizzlefish so I can have my salmon anytime I want it.
Sizzlefish delivers their fish cooler packed and frozen, directly to my front door.
The fish is already pre-portioned in individual packs which is perfect for me otherwise I would eat my bodyweight and some in fish. If you have trouble getting fish where you live, check out Sizzlefish!
They're really one of my favorite brands because they make healthy eating accessible and easy. Well, that and my cast iron skillet which I couldn't live without.
P.S. When you make this Teriyaki Sriracha Salmon, make extra Sriracha sauce. You'll want to put it on everything!
Teriyaki Sriracha Salmon
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare a medium cast iron skillet by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium-high heat. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, and ground ginger. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Next add 1/8 cup of water (can add up to 1/4 cup) then whisk in the tapioca flour until thickened and fully combined.
- Place the salmon fillets on the skillet, skin side down. Pour the sauce over the salmon, coating it generously. Bake at 375 F 20 minutes until flaky.
- While the salmon is baking, mix the ingredients for the Sriracha sauce together in a bowl. Transfer to a plastic sandwich bag.
- When the salmon is done, cut a corner off the end of the plastic sandwich bag and drizzle the sauce over the salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and eat!