Vegan Hormone Balancing Bars are the perfect snack for getting omega-3's for hormone function. Proper hormone function is key to weight loss & good health. Vegan + Gluten Free + Low Calorie!
I've mentioned since the beginning of this blog how hormone health has been a struggle for me. For several years I had amenorrhea and got my periods back by going on high dose estrogen. After that, my hormones were even a worse mess than they were when I had amenorrhea.
It was horrible and I would not recommend anyone who's going through amenorrhea to take estrogen to get their periods back. I know several women who did it the natural way and it was much easier on their minds and bodies.
Now, listen up! Hormones are key to weight loss. Many clients who come to me not understanding why they can't lose weight. They're eating healthy, working out, but they're missing a key ingredient. Hormones!
Hormones are chemical messengers that travel to tissues and organs, and control major organ function. Proper hormone health directly influences our weight. Insulin, growth hormone, thyroid stimulating hormone, cortisol, glucagon, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone. All play a role in our weight. Crazy right?
That's why I work with my clients to properly balance their hormones to help them lose weight. Hormones require healthy fat and these Hormone Balancing Bars are one way to get the right type of fat in your diet to support hormone health as hormones without seed cycling. Not only that, they're delicious!
Hormone Balancing Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish by lining with parchment paper so the bars are easier to remove.
- Place oats in a food processor. Pulse several times until they are crumbly like nuts.
- Transfer the oats to a bowl and combine with the bananas. Mash the bananas well with the oats.
- Add the walnuts, almonds, and dried cranberries to the food processor and blend until a sticky mixture forms.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Press the batter into the corners and into the bottom of the pan. Smooth into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 F 20-25 minutes until firm and slightly browned.
- Cool the bars FULLY, then remove from the baking sheet and slice into 16 bars.