Luscious Red Velvet Beet Brownies! Made secretly healthy with beets, these brownies are rich, dark and chocolatey. Exactly the way brownies are meant, only healthier and a weight loss friendly recipe! Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Paleo
I told you how much I hate beets. I still hate them, but apparently I need to eat more of them for my liver and kidneys.
Last year I was diagnosed with stage 2 kidney disease which isn’t serious, but if it progresses to stage 3 I’ll have to see a specialists and probably be given a bunch of pills. I want to avoid that so I’m doing everything I can diet wise to prevent that from happening. Like I need another health issue!
Many things can cause kidney disease. In my case, my doctor suspects it’s from taking too many meds for all my conditions throughout the years. Who knows with my goofy body.
If you watch my Facebook live videos, you hear me talking a lot about keeping the liver and kidneys running optimally. If they’re not, you can’t lose weight, you can’t balance hormones and the list goes on and on.
That’s why I dedicated an entire module in Eat To Lose Weight, my 8 week online video course about cleansing the liver and kidneys for weight loss. Learn from me, it’s a big deal!
So yes, I hate beets! But they’re good to sneak in every now and then for some extra support for those very important organs, and I’ve found another way to eat them. Red Velvet Beet Brownies! Because if you can’t love a vegetable, you might as well turn it into a rich and fudgy dark chocolate brownie. Yes?
Now, I’m know what you’re wondering. Don’t these taste like beets? Nope! Trust me, if there were a hint of beet anything in here I wouldn’t be able to eat them. The other ingredients hide the beets. However, those beets are absolutely necessary for giving the brownies their fluffy, moist texture. Very important when it comes to brownie making!
These Red Velvet Beet Brownies are loaded with healthy fats, protein, antioxidants, and taste freaking fabulous. Is that sneaky nutrition or what? MUAHAHAHA!!!
Did I mention they taste amazing? Oh yeah, I did. Well, I’m reminding you! They’re fudgy, creamy and melt in your mouth. It was pure agony waiting for them to cool in the pan before diving in.
Moral of the story. Don’t write off a vegetable until you’ve roasted the heck out of it and stuffed it inside almond, cocoa and dark chocolate. ‘Cuz what doesn’t go with chocolate?
Get the SKINNY on the latest recipes & weight loss tips!
Sign up to receive a FREE eBOOK & weekly email tips!
Red Velvet Beet Brownies
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Wash and remove stems of the beets. Place them on tin foil, wrap tightly and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 F 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, unwrap the tin foil and cool 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a 8x8 square baking dish with a small amount of cooking spray.
- Carefully peel the skin from the beets and slice into quarters.
- Place beets with all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor or blender. Blend on high until beets are broken down and all ingredients are fully blended.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F 22-25 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted clean into the center.
- Remove from the oven, add chocolate chips to the top of the brownies and cool 30 minutes in the pan before slicing into 16 bars.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.
What I Used For The Recipe
**Reminder!** Spring Eat To Lose Weight launches March 6th. Registration will be opening in a few weeks for this 8 week course. Sign up for pre-registration to claim your spot!
What doesn’t go in chocolate? Beets…love ’em or hate ’em?
[Tweet “Don’t like beets? You’ll love them in these #Paleo Red Velvet Beet Brownies!”]