Gluten Free Chicken Chickpea Pasta Bake is loaded with protein, nutrition, flavor and is lower in carbs than traditional pasta! Delicious tasting, easy to make for a quick weeknight dinner or meal prep. This meal is a carb lover's dream! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
I hate pasta. If you've taken my online course, then you know why. The truth is I'm a recovering pasta addict.
Growing up, I ate so much of it and until I lost weight and became more aware of the foods I was eating, I didn't realize how many calories and carbs I was overeating every time I ate pasta.
Because a serving of pasta is like the size of your palm. Who's really only going to eat that much? Seriously...
Recently though, I discovered a pasta I could get down with. Chickpea pasta!!! Lower in carbs and high in protein.
Now, this is my kind of pasta. I immediately had to whip up something good with this goodie. Chicken Chickpea Pasta Bake!
A quick to make pasta bake that tastes AMAZING, is super simple to toss together on a busy weeknight or to meal prep over the weekend and is higher in protein. Check, check and CHECK! This dish does all that and more!
This will be going on a future Skinny Fitalicious Meal Plan because I know you guys love eating traditional recipes that are better for you.
I bet you're wondering where to buy chickpea pasta? I bought mine at Sprouts, but I've also seen it in many grocery stores in the pasta aisle.
There's a lot more available than your standard pasta these days so take a peek and see what you can find so you can whip up these easy Chicken Chickpea Pasta Bake!
Chicken Chickpea Pasta Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare an 8x8 square baking dish by lightly greasing with extra virgin olive oil.
- Boil the water and prepare the chickpea pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water then set aside.
- Place the onion, garlic and zucchini in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add the ground chicken, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Break up the chicken while it cooks.
- Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the marinara sauce then add the pasta and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with cheese.
- Place in the oven 5-8 minutes to melt the cheese then serve.