Healthy Pizza Turkey Burgers! Flavorful, protein-packed burgers bursting with delicious flavors! Made with wholesome ingredients and delicious seasonings and baked on sheet pan for a no fuss, easy meal. Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Low Carb
It may not be summer, but these healthy pizza turkey burgers NEED to be on your meal plan ASAP! Just because it's winter doesn't mean you can't sink your teeth into a thick, juicy, flavorful burger. And this isn't just any burger this is a PIZZA BURGER!
I don't know about you...but I will never say no to a burger or pizza. No matter what time of year it is. Well...as long as it's a chicken or turkey burger and a gluten free pizza. Hey...what can I say? My body's complicated.
Getting both burgers and pizza in the form of one simple and healthy recipe is like getting the best of both worlds in on juicy burger in your mouth! I originally shared these over in my weight loss clients. But then decided they were just too good not to share on the blog. You're welcome!
Healthy Pizza Turkey Burgers
Essentially this recipe takes a basic turkey burger, adds onion, tomato, turkey pepperoni, cheese and a bunch of spices to pack in flavor. Don't skimp on the spices! They really make a difference with the turkey burgers.
And baking them in the oven then broiling them at the end, is the icing on the cake! Not only is it so easy to bake them in the oven (no grill or skillets to clean), the broiling step at the end gives them just a touch of crunch and melts the cheese to perfection. The perfect burger every time!
What You Need
- Sheet Pan
- Ground Turkey (or meat of choice)
- Egg, Milk, Mozzarella
- Turkey Pepperoni
- Gluten Free Oats
- Diced Tomatoes, Onion
- Garlic, Onion Powder, Red Pepper Flakes, Fennel Seeds
A few years ago, I attended a cooking class and the chef said your hands are your best tools. This couldn't be more true! Don't be scared to use your hands to mix the burger ingredients together with this recipe. Truthfully, it's the simplest way to evenly distribute the ingredients in the meat. So roll up your sleeves and get those hands dirty!
As for toppings and how to serve them...the sky's the limit! I enjoyed mine over a bed of lettuce because BALANCE. But they go well with a good gluten free bun too! I added a green veggie on the side with roasted sweet potatoes. It's one of my favorite, easy go to meals!
Now enjoy this burger! Let me know if you make it by leaving a comment and review on the blog below.
Healthy Pizza Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey 99% fat free or meat of choice
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup white onion diced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes liquid drained
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 turkey pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup mozarella shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- In a blender, pulse the Gluten Free oats until it becomes a bread-like mixture. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg white with the milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes.
- Add the ground turkey to the mixing bowl with the ground oats, onion and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Your hands are the best tools for stirring this!
- Once combined, divide the meat into 4 even sections. Form one burger patty with each section of the meat and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake 22-25 minutes then remove the sheet pan from the oven. Turn the oven to high broil.
- Top each burger with a slice of pepperoni and evenly distribute the mozzarella over the top of each one.
- Place under the broiler 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese and give the burgers a nice outer crust. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
What I Used For The Recipe