I’ve been getting a lot of weird looks lately. I have no idea why…
Wearing compression socks to work is completely normal, right? A co-worker caught me walking in the office and asked “did you lose a bet with a soccer player?” Ha, ha…I wish!
I workout everyday at 5 a.m. and have a 45 minute commute to the office. By the time I get to work, my legs are aching & stiff. My foot and leg are still weak from my injury earlier this year. Wearing compression socks after my workouts, reduces cramping and soreness in my legs. It helps with the stiffness on my commute to work too.
What are Compression Socks?
While running or working out intensely, it’s common for the legs to collect pockets of blood or swelling in areas of the leg muscle. This can cause pain and discomfort. Compression socks help muscles direct blood flow efficiently thereby increasing oxygenation to the muscles.
Here’s an analogy. Think of holding a spring between your index finger and thumb. When you put pressure the spring, it bends sideways. It would take a lot of energy to collapse the spring completely straight. The same happens to muscles. Muscles are like springs. They compress and decompress bending sideways. It takes energy to do that. Compression helps conserve energy in the muscle by preventing it from bending sideways while increasing blood flow to the muscle.
Why Compression Socks?
- Reduces risk of injury by warming muscles, keeping them flexible & preventing muscle pulls
- Prevents soreness, inflammation & swelling
- Improves circulation & blood flow to help muscle tissues repair after a workout
- Promotes healing & recovery
Compression socks are not only for running. In fact, they can be used for any fitness activity and will provide the same benefits. I’ve not only wear my compression sleeves during my runs & walks which typically range from 9-11 miles each, but also during my gym workouts. I get goofy looks from people when I wear them at the gym especially when I’m lifting weights, but they make my legs feel good.
During my cardio sessions,calf sleeves give me the extra support I need to build strength and endurance. My injury happened on the elliptical. Even now my legs get a little jittery each time I hop on. Wearing PRO Compression sleeves, gives me confidence my legs will stay strong. #keepittight
I cycle in my calf sleeves too. Being on the bike through most my injury, put a ton of strain on my legs and they still remember it. I don’t wear compression sleeves during every workout or spin class, only when my legs feel like they need the extra support to power me through. Since my calf strain, I’ve become more aware of how my legs are feeling and know when I need to wear them.
- Quality material. You can tell the material is higher quality. It’s soft yet has strong fibers.
- Reinforced stitching at the top and bottom of the sleeve provide added support. This is a unique feature not other compression socks I’ve used offer.
- Breathable material. The sleeves have magic sweat proof & stay dry through workouts.
- Solid support. Calves are supported well, yet flexible enough to move during workouts.
- Improved recovery. Notable improvement in soreness & inflammation post workout.
- Price. $45 for a pair of calf sleeves which is more expensive compared to other companies.
PRO Compression is offering readers 40% off their entire purchase using the code PINK when you checkout.
Disclaimer – I was provided product by PRO Compression for this review through my ambassadorship with Fit Approach. All opinions stated in this post are my own.
Do you wear compression socks? What do you prefer socks or calf sleeves?