It’s time for another monthly recap. May sure was a fun and busy month around here! With the holiday and trip to Denver, I’m surprised how much I got done including whipping up a lot of new recipes I’m excited to share with you soon. I am a little behind on administrative things, but I can catch up on those in June. Luckily I have these monthly recaps to keep me on track! They really help me stay focused and remind me how much I accomplished which never ceases to amaze me with everything else I’m juggling. Whew…I’m tired just thinking about it! With that, let’s see what May was all about.
[Tweet “Catch up on what happened in May @skinnyfitalicious! #fitfluential #blogging”]
- 5 Minute Spicy & Fresh Blender Salsa
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Raspberry Chia Almond Coconut Smoothie
- No Bake Chocolate Almond Chia Flaxseed Bars
- Pineapple Fish Taco Bowl with Black Rice
- Grain Free Lemon Cake
- Lightened Up Chicken Parmesan “Pasta”
- Super Seed Quinoa Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins
*Listed in order of popularity*
- After Weight Loss, Coping With Weight Gain Fear
- Healthy Does Not Equal Weight Loss
- Snack On Kozy Shack Simply Well
- Indulge With Skinny Cow & Make The Impossible, Possible
- 2105 Fabulous & Fit Mother’s Day Gift Guide
- Impressive Shoulder, Chest & Bicep Functional Workout
- 15 Healthy Cinco De Mayo Recipes
- Muffinlicious Muffins!
- Fitness Lately, My Current Crushes
- I attended Blend in Boulder, CO! I had an amazing time with the ladies & sponsors and brought home some awesome swag too!
- A few weeks ago, Yummly contacted me to ask if I had questions about their service. I created an account a long time ago and forgot. We’re talking last year. Oops! So for fun I added a few recipes and the next day when I reviewed my stats, Yummly was the highest referrer to my site. Holly cow! I added the rest of my recipes throughout the month and every day it’s been the highest referred for traffic to my site. This smoothie and these cookies have been getting the most traffic. Unbelievable! You may notice Yum is now included in my sharing at the bottom of my posts if you want to collect one for yourself. Yum!
- Somehow all the fun with Yummily led me to signing up for the free trial of Tailwind. That then led to cleaning up my Pinterest boards. A very long, overdue task but it was done in 20 minutes or less. I’ll let you know my thoughts on Tailwind next month after I’ve used it more. So far have not seen a difference using it.
- I focused a lot this month on marketing old content. I have Yummily and Pinterest to thank for that. I’ve mentioned before that I use Hootsuite and CoSchedule. CoSchedule is useful for scheduling content your currently developing and I absolutely love it! It has been a HUGE timesaver for me to schedule social media as I’m scheduling my posts. I still like to use Hootsuite to share older content. The downfall of the free version of Hootsuite is you don’t get a library to store old shares and I don’t need everything that comes with the paid service. My search continues for a solution!
- You may have noticed I did more sponsored posts last month. I’m testing the waters with this and honestly not sure if it’s for me or not. My advice to new bloggers, be selective who you work with. You don’t have to say yes to everyone. Make sure they’re a good match for you and your brand and most importantly, work best with your schedule.
- Most interesting google search this month: does the backseat of a RAV4 fit 3?
All Time Top 5 Favorite Posts
- What Motivated Me To Lose 80 Pounds
- How To Jump Start Weight Loss, I Lost 80 Pounds Doing This
- Why Calorie Counting Matters, I’m A Calorie Counter & Proud Of It
- Stop The Mean Girl Cycle, 3 Ways To Build Other Women Up
- My Fear Of Gaining Weight
All Time Top 5 Favorite Recipes
- Blueberry Hemp Flaxseed Muffins
- Butternut Squash Spinach Breakfast Bake
- Double Chocolate Quinoa Brownies
- 100 Calorie Double Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Muffins
- Butternut Squash Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
5 Most Pinned Recipes
- GF Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins
- Blueberry Hemp Flaxseed Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Gooey Paleo Bars
- Zucchini Apple Spice Muffins
- No Bake Grain Free Chocolate Walnut Truffles
More State of the Blog
- State of the Blog…April 2015
- State of the Blog…March 2015
- State of the Blog…February 2015
- State of the Blog…January 2015
What’s something new you’ve discovered or worked on last month?
Lots of Health, Food & Love,
Linking up today with Amanada @ Running with Spoons