Hi Guys! Happy New Year!!!
Hope your enjoying your first day of 2015! <3 I still can’t believe it’s 2015. Where did last year go? Too fast! That’s for sure. Today Mom & I are braving our favorite store after I hit up the gym. I’m sure it will be a mob of people. Both equally scary and exciting. I’m excited to see what kitchen “essentials” I find. I’m not really interested in buying clothes right now being injured. More than anything I like to people watch. See who wins the Coach purse wars. Wish me luck!
Let’s get the New Year started with a new inspiration board! Follow Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious’s board 2015 Inspiration Board on Pinterest.
I actually have mixed feelings when it comes to New Year’s resolutions. I think if you want to make a change, you shouldn’t wait. You should do it right away. I remind myself all the time that I never know what tomorrow will bring or when I’ll have the opportunity to do it again. With that said, I like to take time at the beginning of the year to assess where I’m at and refresh my plans.
- My #1 goal this year -> fully recover from injuries & have a healthy body.
- Address my hormone imbalances. This is the cause of my injuries & the key to recovery. I hope the endocrinologist I see in a few weeks fixes things & doesn’t dismiss it like the last one.
- Continue eating clean & whole foods. A few months ago, I began eating Paleo & I’ve never felt better. I don’t strickly follow Paleo, but it is the majority of how I eat now. I still plan to enjoy oatmeal and grains every now & then though.
- Work on strength and imbalances. If I learned anything from my injuries last year, it was the importance of strengthening weakness before jumping back into fitness.
- Improve my swim form. Swimming is hard work. If and when I do recover, I hope to continue swimming and find someone to work with me.
- Complete 1 half marathon. This is a stretch goal with all my injuries, but I’d really like to cross another finish line this year and I don’t want to push my body to do more than one.
- Hire a house cleaner. My home has been neglected. Recovery, physical therapy, working out to get stronger & long commutes have been my only priorities, but my house needs a little TLC.
- Review finances & set a budget. I’m really good at managing my money. The only debt I have is my mortgage. My goal is to pay off my mortgage & become completely debt free.
- Review health coaching & weight loss certifications. I don’t expect to complete a program this year, but would like to browse my options so when I’m ready I know what I’m going after.
- Get to know my camera. It scares me. I need to sit down, figure out how it works & get comfortable with it.
- Improve my photography skills. Last year my pictures improved a ton. It’s all practice, practice, practice.
- Implement a social media strategy.
- Analyze blog stats monthly. Also adjust my posting schedule. I’ve been considering eliminating Tuesdays. It’s consistently been a low day since I began blogging. Stay tuned for changes.
- Create meal plan options for my weight loss readers & write more about weight loss.
- Track & manage blog finances better. I didn’t do a great job tracking them last year which should make taxes interesting and tough.
So there you have it. My New Year’s resolutions. Just a few small things to tackle this year. 🙂
When I set my goals, I make several small ones that I know I can achieve and include a few stretch ones. Remember small changes can result in big achievements and motivate you to go for more. It’s ok if you fall off the wagon or get sidelined temporarily. What’s important is how you react to those situations, grow from them and ultimately get yourself back on track. Life isn’t about racing to the finish, it’s about the journey.
[Tweet “New Year, New Goals”]
What are you resolutions or goals for the new year? What would you like to see me post more of this year – food, fitness, weight loss?
Disclaimer – Affiliate links are included, which enable me to earn a small income and do not affect purchase price. Money earned goes back into my large grocery bill to bring you more delicious recipes!