Meal Prep Almond Flour Waffles are a breeze to make and rich in protein. Easy to make light and fluffy with a few healthy, dairy free ingredients. Great for an easy breakfast meal prep and freezable too! Paleo + Gluten Free
Waffles, waffles, waffles! I don't know why I don't meal prep waffles more often because they really are the easiest thing to make in advance and they freeze so well thanks to my favorite waffle maker!
I realized I didn't have a basic almond flour waffle recipe though. I wanted something basic that tasted similar to a waffle you buy at the store.
Have you ever looked at the ingredients in those? I was at a client's house recently for a consult looking at the ingredients on the label. This list was a mile long and I didn't recognize half of them.
Like what is that stuff? I realize things need to be preserved to stay on the shelf a long time, but good grief!
These almond flour pancakes have just 8 ingredients (9 if you count salt which I don't) and they're loaded with good for you ingredients. Quick to make, but even better to eat!
The protein and healthy fat will keep you fuller than traditional waffles. I can't wait for you to make them!
Meal Prep Almond Flour Waffles
- Preheat a waffle maker to a medium-low setting. Mine has numbers and I set mine to a 3. Spray the inside liberally with cooking spray.
- Use the waffle maker scoop to scoop the batter into the waffle maker. It's between 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Do not overflow the waffle maker. Place enough to cover the bottom or it will spread over the bottom.
- Cook 5 minutes then flip the waffle maker and cook another 3 minutes. I set a timer on my phone for this.
- Open the waffle maker to check the waffle is golden brown. Carefully lift the waffle away from the waffle maker with a small spatula. If it's done, it will lift away easily. If it's not, leave it in the waffle maker and cooker a few minutes longer until set. All waffle makers are slightly different.
- Remove from the oven and continue cooking waffles until the batter is gone using cooking spray in between.
- Divide the waffles among meal prep containers or store in the freezer up to 30 days. Thaw prior to eating.
What I Used For The Recipe