Healthy Raspberry Lemon Cake made with tart lemon juice, Greek yogurt, rings of sweet raspberries and no refined sugar! This elegant cake is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. A fancy dessert with no guilt! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Don't ever ask me to make you a birthday cake because I won't. You already know I'm blunt, right? It's not because I don't love each and every one of you. It's because I'm horrible at making cakes. They sink, they flop, they're gooey, they're sticky, they're flaky.
Kind of strange for someone who makes a lot of muffins, desserts and sweet snacks on their blog, huh? When it comes to cakes, I just cannot seem to get it right. And that my friends is why I could never be a pastry chef. It requires too much time, delicacy and patience. All characteristics I do not possess.
Which by the way, I admire those of you who have those qualities and hope to be able to embrace them myself one day so I can become the baking goddess I dream of becoming. Because dreams aren't made of Paleo egg hashes and gluten free stir-fries. Does anyone dream of those things?
If you do, that's pretty funny! I don't know about you, but my dreams are made of chocolate and cake and hunky men, meshy Lulu pants, fancy running shoes and exotic trips. And I've gotten myself carried away!
Yes dreams are made of big things and when we dream big, big things happen! Like remember when I told you I couldn't bake a cake just a minute ago or that I'm too inpatient to bake one? Whatever it was I might not be able to bake a Julia Child worthy cake BUT give me some fresh raspberries, lemons and some gluten free baking flour and it's GAME ON!
I don't mind baking a cake as long as it's super easy, cooperative and tastes like a zillion bucks like this super simple, Healthy Raspberry Lemon Cake! Oh yeah, did I mention it's a healthy cake too? It totally is! No sugar added, just a little honey, fresh fruit, whole grains. All real food ingredients. You can't buy that in box now can ya?
I'm sure if you were sitting next to me eating this right now you would give me a hug exclaiming how elegant and divine this Healthy Raspberry Lemon Cake is and proclaiming it be your next birthday cake. Birthday cake smirth-day cake, call it whatever you like. It's dense, it's creamy, it's filling, it's sweet, it's tart, it's healthy. It's what cake dreams are made of.
With its swirling rings of raspberries and sprinkles of lemon, this Healthy Raspberry Lemon Cake is everything your dreams are made of. Okay, maybe just the cake part of your dreams. Because we all still need hunky men, running shoes, fun trips and Lulu pants!
Healthy Raspberry Lemon Cake
- 1 cup Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 2 cups raspberries fresh
- 2 egg whites room temperature
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Lemon zest for topping
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a 9" round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the baking powder, baking soda, salt and Gluten Free baking flour.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, lemon extract, Greek yogurt, milk and egg whites.
- To the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl, gradually add the flour mixture gradually stirring to combing the two. Add the coconut oil to the mix and combine fully.
- Add the batter to your prepared cake pan. Place raspberries on top, gently pressing them in.
- Bake at 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted in the center and removed clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan 20 minutes prior to removing. Add lemon zest to the cake then cut into 10 slices to enjoy!
What I Used For The Recipe