A few weeks ago when a rep from F3 Foods contacted me to try their 7-Day Get Fit Program, I jumped at the opportunity to try their products.
As you guys know, I lost 80 pounds five years ago which makes me a weight loss guru and eating for weight loss is something I frequently consult with others on. Since my foot injury, I’ve been less active & gained 5-10 pounds. I still fit in my clothes, but I have that uncomfortable feeling of having a little extra poundage on my body. F3 contacted THE expert when they asked me to do a review for them.
F3 Foods is a Phoenix based company. Yeah for Arizona local business! They provide in-home meal delivery. All the food is pre-portioned, packaged and distinctively labeled for every meal. They have a 7-Day Get Fit or 28-Day meal program. The meals are physician approved and free of added sugars, peanuts, gluten and additives. All the food is fresh, natural and nutrient dense.
F3 Foods Get Fit program meals are doctor designed for individuals who want to lose weight or build lean muscle. I spoke to the owner and he explained that the objective of the program is to reduce carbohydrates and sugars in the diet to jump start the body into fat burning mode. The ironic thing about their program is that it’s very similar to what I did to get my body motivated to lose weight years ago. According to their website, most customers lose between 5-10 pounds on the program during the first week.
The way it works is you register for the F3 Foods program online then select your breakfast, lunch and dinner meals from the menu for 7 days (meals are sent weekly so the food is fresh). The menu provides you with pictures, the list of ingredients and nutritional information for each meal. Then the meals are cooked and shipped to you the same day in an insulated cooler box via FedEx. Then you load up your refrigerator and get ready to eat!
Meals are individually packaged using their own technology to lock in freshness. Every meal is well labeled with nutritional information, ingredients, cooking instructions and best by dates. Surprisingly the food was fresh, but very difficult to open. I had to use a kitchen scissors. On the F3 Foods Get Fit program, you do not count calories. You eat for the nutrition not the restriction. I like this philosophy because too restriction is a recipe for failure for those people trying to lose weight. It’s not realistic and while counting calories really is the math behind losing weight there is science behind what you eat too.
These are the meals I selected. By the way, when you’re on the plan you only eat your 3 meals each day. They do have a small bit of pre-approved snacks you can have. On most days, I only ate the 3 meals and a few times had an apple in the afternoon. The food was filling. I never felt hungry or deprived. I was surprised how good I felt eating these meals and how they controlled my appetite. I never had a sugar crash/burn or hangry beast and I workout a lot too. I also know from past history that reducing carbs and sugars in my diet always makes me feel better.
- Spinach & Mushroom Scramble (no cheese)
- Veggie Supreme Scramble
- Veggie Scramble
- Brocoli & Asparagus Scramble
- Asian Chicken & Broccoli
- Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Greek Chicken Salad
- French Green Bean Salad
- Turkey Lasagna w/ Roasted Peppers & Broccoli (<-the absolute best meal ever)
- Garlic Chicken & Butternut Squash w/ Roasted Peppers & Broccoli
- Chicken & Spaghetti Squash Bake w/ Mushrooms & Spinach
- Chicken Peppercorn w/ Roasted Carrots
Of the meals I chose above, only one of them I didn’t like and being the kitchen queen I am, I have high standards and am hard to please.
- Meals are fresh, nutritious, have real ingredients and no added sugars or additives
- Dairy free options are available as well as vegetarian, lean protein meals with chicken, turkey, some pork
- Meal delivery is convenient – you open a box & put everything in your refrigerator it’s that easy
- Convenience of no cooking, grocery shopping or clean up
- No calorie counting or paying attention to portions
- F3 Foods has a coach assigned to you. They email & call you when meals are shipped and are available to answer questions & help motivate you.
- While the food is natural & fresh, I would love to see more organic
- Meal are very difficult to open, I had to use a kitchen scissors (I was told they’re working on this one)
- Expensive $219 for a female 7-day program or $239 for a male
- While you may lose weight on this program, you won’t learn how to cook & portion foods for yourself which you need to maintain weight loss long-term
Overall I was impressed with F3 Foods. At first I was skeptical, but after trying the food and experiencing the program I would recommend this to others. I love that their philosophy aligns with my weight-loss philosophy too. While on the program, I was less hungry and snacked less. While they do allow for some snacks, I only needed them one day. A single serving pre-portioned bag of almonds did the trick and kept me true to the program.
I liked the program so much that the owner extended me an offer to continue the program another week. He is also offering all my readers a promotion too! $50 off a 7 Day GetFit Program and $100 off a 28 Day GetFit Program. All you have to do is head over to F3 Foods, register for your program and use code FITALICIOUS to get your discount.
Have you tried a meal delivery service? Why would you or would you not try this service?
Disclaimer – I received free meals from F3 Foods for this review. All opinions stated are my own.
[Tweet “F3 Foods Get Fit Weight Loss 7-Day Program Review”]