Paleo Espresso Coco Brownie Muffins made with espresso, cocoa, coconut and almond that’s moist and melts in your mouth like a brownie. A deliciously sweet treat for someone you love!
Happy Friday Muffins & Happy Valentine’s Eve!
I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day. Truth is I’m like the grinch of Valentine. I never seem to be in a relationship when it comes around and the day feels like a stabbing reminder that I’m the last single girl in the world. Everyone always says I shouldn’t look at it that way, but it’s hard not to when you look around one day and everyone you know if off and married with kids and you’re left behind. So yes I’m a bit jaded when it comes to the mushy holiday. Thank god for the gym and muffins. I’m pretty much the Carrie Bradshaw of muffins.
I also think if you love someone you should show it when you appreciate them not just when it’s a holiday. I think you should show it in a way that demonstrates your strengths too. For example, my Mom’s really good at shopping and decorating. She shows her love by buying me clothes. I actually had to tell her to stop buying me clothes. To her, clothes makes her happy so she spreads her love with clothes. To me, working out and cooking makes me happy. I show my love by delivering delicious recipes and posting gym selfies (hehe). Honestly I don’t know what says love more than a homemade, melt in your mouth muffin.
I actually forgot all about these muffins. I made them weeks ago, but they got lost in my never ending abyss of food pictures like so many other recipes I’ve got waiting for the right moment to make their debut on the blog. I’ve got so many pictures it’s ridiculous. I need an entire day or another set of hands to organize, edit & delete them. I store them in folders on thumb drives but usually that process doesn’t happen until I’m ready to post. So they all just sit in the cloud until I get to them. Every once in awhile I’ll scan through pictures and a recipe I haven’t posted yet will catch my eye. That’s exactly what happened with this one. I had another recipe in mind for today, but wasn’t happy with how the pictures turned out. I’m getting picky about them. Pictures look completely different on a computer than on camera. You may think you got the shot even after taking 50 or more, but then you upload and realize nothing turned out the way you wanted to. It’s a big let down.
Just shows you can have everything planned, prepped, and staged to the utmost perfection but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna work out the way you want it to. This applies to anything in life really. Apparently I’m giving away life advice today. In the end, it worked out because in my abyss of food porn I stumbled across these drool worthy brownie muffins and now treating you to them as my gift of love. I really need to make another batch of these. I forgot how big and gooey they are. Happy heart day lovelies!
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup canned, light coconut milk (can sub skim milk or almond milk, but won’t be as good)
- 1 cup <a href=”http://amzn.to/1OgmzeW”>almond flour</a>
- 1/2 cup <a href=”http://amzn.to/1hBBEcz”>coconut flour</a>
- 2 tsp <a href=”http://amzn.to/1LcTHlj”>espresso powder</a>
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup <a href=”http://amzn.to/1G9DNT1″>mini chocolate chips</a>
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray
- In a small bowl add chocolate chips & microwave 15 seconds, stir, microwave, stir & repeat until chocolate is melted (do not go longer than 15 seconds)
- Whip egg whites together in a bowl & add chocolate until fully combined
- In a larger bowl mix dry ingredients
- Add chocolate mixture, coconut milk, coconut oil & honey to dry ingredients
- Combine well, the batter will be thick like brownies
- Add to muffin cavities filling 1/2 full, these will get big
- Bake 25 minutes
- Cool on a wire baking rack
A few other special treats
Are you a fan of Valentine’s Day? What are your V-day plans? How do you show love?