A light version of a classic sugar cookie, these soft & chewy Cranberry Orange Sugar Cookies are gluten free & sweetened with citrus and low sugar cranberries. You won’t be able to eat just one!
A dud’s a dud’s a dud. I’ve had my fair share of duds recently and I hate duds. Duds are like bad boyfriends. You know it’s not going to work, yet for some God forsaken reason you try to make it work. It’s like when the guy tells Gigi in that movie He’s Just Not That Into You how women like the drama of forcing something they know isn’t right. You want to make it work, but deep down you know you shouldn’t be putting your time and energy into it. Bottom line. When you have a dud, you should get rid of it.
My computer’s a dud. It hasn’t worked right since the hard drive was replaced earlier this year and I am tired of things not working so I’m getting rid of the dud. After a short chat with Apple, I found out I can trade in the dud for a new computer and even qualify for a student discount. As a bonus, I can write it off on my taxes as a business expense. P.S. tax season is around the corner. Read up on my tax tips for bloggers before it sneaks up on you!
One thing that’s not a dud are these cranberry orange sugar cookies and believe me, I’ve had my fair share of cookie duds. I spend a lot of time testing other people’s recipes and there are only a handful of sources I can count on for consistently good recipes. There are a lot of things that annoy me about recipes. Like when someone says a recipe makes 12 cookies when it only makes 4. Yeah, I don’t like that. Does that make it a dud or a fake? Either way I was lied to, tricked and led to believe something that wasn’t true. Again it’s like a bad boyfriend so I say that makes it a dud. These cranberry orange sugar cookies though. They’re anything but duds. Hard on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. The perfect recipe addition to your holiday baking!
[Tweet “#Healthy Cranberry Orange Sugar #Cookies For Your Holiday Baking”]
- 2 cups Gluten Free oat flour
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Stevia In The Raw Baking Sugar
- 1 egg white
- splash of low sugar orange juice (I use Evolution organic orange juice)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tbsp orange zest
- ½ cup low sugar craisins
- ¼ cup Stevia In The Raw Baking Sugar
- 1½ tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or use a nonstick baking sheet
- In a cereal bowl, combine sugar & orange zest for the orange sugar then set aside
- In a standing mixer or hand mixer, cream together sugar, egg white, orange juice & coconut oil
- Add remaining ingredients except craisins & mix until fully combined
- Gently fold craisins into the batter
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough into balls on a plate
- Roll each ball into orange sugar until well coated then place on baking
- Repeat for reminder of the dough placing cookies a few inches apart
- Bake in the oven 11 minutes until edges begin to lightly brown
- Remove from the oven & cool on the baking sheet 20 minutes before removing & enjoying
Visit my food shop for more of my favorite ingredients!
What dud do you need to get rid of in your life right now?
Disclaimer – This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link & make a purchase, I receive a small commission which goes back into this blog to bring you more delicious recipes!
Linking up with Jill for Fitness,Health and Happiness & Strange But Good with Laura
[AdSense-A][shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="27416563"] [shareaholic app="recommendations" id="27416571"]