Broccoli Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl with a rich and creamy Tahini Lemon Sauce! This simple roasted vegetable and chickpea bowl is gluten free, Vegan and low calorie. A super EASY and satisfying meal guaranteed to keep you full for hours. Great for lunch, dinner or snacking!
I need a Pinterest makeover. Either that or I need to hire someone to do it for me. Do you know anyone? My boards are a mess and need to be cleaned up. I cringe when I see old recipes I posted when I was first starting out. Whenever I see them, I delete them but there are so many of them that I have a small panic attack every time I’m on the site. Ack!
I don’t have the time or patience to deal with it. I know a lot of people LOVE Pinterest, but I’m not a fan. It’s a sea of messy posts and random photography and if there’s one thing I hate, it’s a mess.
It’s unbelieveable I have as many followers as I do (if you’re following me huge THANK YOU!). What’s also unbelievable is how some of my ugliest pictures are my most pinned. Two posts that are completely random with the worst photography are my highest ranking pins and others with gorgeous photography are lucky if they get 100 pins. I don’t get it. I must be doing something wrong. Pinterest, you are the bane of my existence!
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not about the pins. Being an ex IT consultant, I have this insane need to figure things out. As you can tell, I drive myself crazy with this stuff.
Truthfully if I were only about followers and numbers, I’d be posting chocolate smothered desserts every day because drool worthy bad-for-you food is what ignites people. While I do believe in a balanced, non-restrictive approach to eating, I don’t believe this site should reflect something I am not. I truly hope you see that when you come here which leads me to this Broccoli Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl.
I don’t know what it is about roasted vegetables. To me, they taste like candy. A couple years ago you would have never heard me saying that. Now I could live off roasted vegetables no matter the season. Hot or cold I will gladly eat them.
This is the first dish I attempted to roast chickpeas and have I ever been missing out! These magically delicious beans are a 1983083570475 times better roasted. They make a great snack on their own. Not exaggerating at all here!
But seriously, I’ve been loving this Broccoli Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl for months. It’s a super EASY and satisfying meal. I like having it for lunch when I need something heartier than a salad to last me through afternoon swim lessons I teach, but you could also make this for dinner.
I roast everything on the weekend and store everything in separate containers then during the week I assemble, warm in the microwave and drizzle with the creamy tahini sauce for a warm and filling meal. If you want guaranteed goodness, this Broccoli Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl is for you!
Broccoli Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl
For the bowl
- Soak cashews 3-4 hours in a bowl of water or until softened.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower to one baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Rinse chickpeas and pat dry using a wash cloth or paper towels. Place chickpeas on the second baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast broccoli, cauliflower and chickpeas about 30 minutes until they are soft and cooked through.
- While they are roasting, prepare the dressing by adding soaked cashews, tahini, salt and lemon juice to a a blender or food processor.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and transfer to a bowl.
- Remove vegetables and chickpeas from the oven, assemble bowls and drizzle with dressing.
- Store chickpeas, vegetables and dressing separate to retain freshness up to a week.
Makes 5 servings, 315 calories each
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.
What’s the bane of your existence? Are you a Pinterest fan?
[Tweet “For your weekend #mealprep! #Vegan Broccoli Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl with tahini”]